We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

Last time i was in Paris i don't remember there being too many food options close to the Eiffel Tower (primarily because of the parks), but we may have just walked on a side street. Is there a street/area close to the Eiffel Tower (~5min walking) where we can get a very quick light dinner or even some sandwiches? Thanks!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

Head over to rue Saint-Dominique. There's a good cafe on the corner. A few steps down on the right is a terrific shop with sandwiches, salads, desserts, etc. Then, there's a creperie. The street is lined on both sides with shops and restaurants. If you take a right on rue de l'Exposition, there are many appealing, low priced, restaurants - notably Le P'Tit Troquet (reservations usually required). That's just for starters. The neighborhood is chock full of restaurants/cafes and other options.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

La Terrasse du 7e at the corner of Avenue de la Bourdonnais, Bosquet and LaMotte Piquet. It has more to offer than sandwiches and is even worth the visit for dinner.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

I second walking down rue Saint-Dominque. In addition, right off of rue Saint-Dominque is the Rue Cler market with many light food options also.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,154 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

I love Au Bon Aucueil. On trip advisor it is rated #50 of 6171 restaurants. I had a great dinner here last September. If you watch the Food Network on TV--Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa loves this place.

La Ferme Saint-Simon is also in the 7th arrondissement and it is wonderful for lunch and for dinner.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

Thanks so much everyone! this is exactly what i was looking for!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

I should have been more specific about the "good cafe". The good one is Le Champs de Mars. Le Dome, at the start of rue Saint-Dominique is awful.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

I second the choice of La Terrace. Rue Cler is only a few blocks and there are a few decent choices there, also. Had two excellent meals at La Terrace. The waitstaff was friendly and the food was very good.

Saint Hyacinthe...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

Be careful with Le Dome, they don't take credit card like Visa, MasterCard, etc...

Le Champ de Mars is a very good restaurant.

On St-Dominique st. and Grenelle st. you have lot of choices.

restoaparis.com/liste-restaurant-paris/1-10-…

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

So more choices from a spreadsheet I have of restaurants in the area (hope this helps)

o Le Violon D'Ingres 135, rue St-Dominque

o Café Constant 139, rue St-Dominque (I loved this cafe)

o Les Cocottes: 137 rue St. Dominique

o Les Fables de la Fontaine: Place de l’Exposition

o Le Petit Sud Ouest: Ave de la Bourdonnais near rue St. Dominique

o Jules-Verne reservations: Eiffel Tower: 01.45.55.61.44

o L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon 5, rue de Montalembert

o La Fontaine de Mars 129, rue St-Dominique (Liked this one too)

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,154 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat near Eiffel Tower

I just reread the original post and I didn't do a very good job of responding to it. Both restaurants I suggested, although wonderful, do not meet the bill for "quick" or for "sandwiches." Sorry. I think that is true for ATLTraveling's suggestions as well.

In Paris there are boulangeries (bakeries) in every neighborhood (apparently required) and they typically have sandwiches. Patisseries (pastry shops) also have quick things like quiche, pizza, etc. that you could eat for a meal. Perhaps someone on TA can help you find the ones closest to the Eiffel Tower.