We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

They had a 10% off promotion so I got my R/T ticket for $382. How could you beat that?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
937 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

I wish I could go to NYC as often as you come to Paris...

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

You were lucky that you weren't here during the transit strike. What a mess!

Since I am traveling solo (again), I'm hoping to meet some TA members for dinner on my next trip.

seattle wa
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

pixfield,

I envy you being in the ny metro area.I am originally from ny state,but now live in seattle,wa and it is such a long flight!!I am planning to go back in March though.Guess I will start to check airfares soon!!

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

You know, flights are cheap, there are great 2* hotels under $100, and there are good places to eat at great prices. I find it cheaper to go to France than to go to the states or the Caribbean.

I guess when I get tired of Europe, I'll find somewhere else to go. That won't be for awhile though.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
937 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

Pixfield,

You should write a post asking for a TA gathering, like Randy Silver did last september.

Beware that French holidays in February are from 4th to 19th february, so if you want to meet Parisian residents from this forum, they might be out of town!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
926 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

My flight on A/F Leaving Jan.11 is $413.82 with taxes. I agree with you...the low fares(when available) wide choice of reasonable hotels, its hard NOT to go!

I love NYC but find the hotel prices and good choices in different price ranges is not comparable to Paris. Lucky for me I live in Manhattan...and have just a 6+ hour plane ride to Paris.\

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

pixfield - OK, now I'm jealous! Your right, trans-Atlantic flights are less expensive for us than traveling to...Ohio for instance! And we are very lucky to be living in NYC - for many reasons ;-)

Happy Holidays!

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

Yes, I think I will post for a TA gathering. It's always nice to have dinner with friends after a hard day of touring!

I'm deciding whether or not I should stay at a hotel or rent an apartment. What do you guys think?

seattle wa
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

Hello Pixfield,

If you are staying more than a few days,the I vote for an apartment.I have done both,and trully enjoy the immersion of being in a parisian apt.You can save money and cook your own breakfast,or dinner.Also noone knocks on your door to clean your room ,you can sleep in and not be disturbed!

over here
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Booked My Flight on AA for February

oh dear pix...

my last yahoo alert was for $321 roundtrip.

love you yahoo!