We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Free Tours with Chris

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
City Free Tours with Chris

We are just back from Paris and I wanted to recommend the City Free Tours with Chris. My husband and I did the tour of Montmatre. I've lived in Paris and visited the area several times but I learned so much that day - I would highly recommend it. www.cityfreetour.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

That's an interesting concept: " pay what you fell it's worth".

I can see where it would encourage a guide to be on the top performance for each tour.

If I may ask? How much did you end up pating?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

sp. "paying?"

Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
149 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

I am planning on booking the tour and also the Marais tour. What day of the week did you do Monmarte? I am thinking of booking it for Sunday but wonder if Sunday is the busiest. Chris has rave reviews. There is also a new tour on his website with Tamara of the Latin Quarter. I want to book that one also.

New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

My husband and I are planning to take the Montmatre tour, and want to know what is the expected tip? I have no idea what would be considered acceptable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

10 euros - some gave more but one in our group forgot to go to the bank before hand and it wasnt a problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

We did the tour on a Sunday - streets were a bit quieter I suppose but still busy up at Sacre Coeur.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

I think 10 euros was ok - some people gave him more and one person didnt give him anything because she forgot to go to the bank and he was fine about it.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

How long are the tours?

9. Re: City Free Tours with Chris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 05:16