We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rue Cler Market

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
950 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Rue Cler Market

I came across several articles about Rue Cler and would like to visit this marketplace very much. But the articles doesnt say what time it closes on which particular day.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
494 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,172 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.70*
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,428 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rue Cler Market

its not a market, its a commercial street, so its open standard business hours, about ten to seven. I think most shops close Sun around one and all day Mon.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rue Cler Market

There is nothing special about rue Cler. There are commercial streets like it in every part of the city, many much more interesting IMO than rue Cler.

if you want to visit a real, traditional Paris market here is a complete list. As with the shopping streets some are more interesting than others.

www.visions-de-paris.com/marches-de-paris.htm

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rue Cler Market

There are so many better market streets...

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
950 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rue Cler Market

hmmm, okay...the picture shows fruit stands, cheese stores, etc.?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
950 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rue Cler Market

Thanks for the list, IrishRovr!

You and others have a wealth of info to share~

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,248 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rue Cler Market

market streets like Rue Levis, Rue Cler and countless others all over the city are different from markets -- what confuses you in the pictures is that stores on market streets often put a little stand out in front of their store -- and it is typical of greengrocers anywhere in the city to have stands that open onto the street

as others have noted they are just normal commercial streets -- markets meet less often with the vendors often going from one to another to display their wares -- in small villages there may be just one morning a week where the markets set up

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rue Cler Market

I was in Rue Cler a couple of weeks ago - compared to when I went last year it was a bit dead - lots of shops closed due to annual holidays.

What everybody else has said, is true. Here's a couple of pictures I took last year to give you an idea (it doesn't look very lively in these photos, but it was more lively than this year!!)

…google.com/hey.chris49/…5357664232319792834

…google.com/hey.chris49/…5357664261310486562

…google.com/hey.chris49/…5357664292402583282

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rue Cler Market

Yes, that's what every market street has. If you compare rue Cler, with, say, my market street in the 18th -- rue l'Olive -- you can pay about 40% on rue Cler, because that's what the neighborhood people want to pay.

Lawndale, California
Level Contributor
665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rue Cler Market

I actually love Rue Montorgueil. Lots of cheese shops, butchers, etc., but also a lot of great cafes and restaurants. And it seems to draw both locals and tourists.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
950 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rue Cler Market

okay then...it's good to know.

we're staying at the 4e and there's market monge. is it anything like rue montorgueil?