We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

Trying to plan our very 1rst trip to Paris and Italy we are in our 50ths so its now or never...thanks to trip adv again for all the good info, Rick Steve and Slow travel. Ive got it almost plan. 3 nigths in Paris then fly to Venice for 2 or 3 nights? then train to Cinque terre for 3 nigths ,then train to Siena sleep 1 nigth pick up our rental and tour Tuscany for 4 days leave the rental in Orvieto train to rome for 3 more nigths and return home...should I wait a bit or book my flight and room to paris for may 2011...trying to book from paris to Venice on ryan and easyjet but nothing comes up for may...I wanted Confort Inn Mouffetard but not available .... found this New Orient Hotel really like it in Paris...now its to put this trip together with booking arrangements wow.......still looking for fligths....thanks in advance...

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

I think part of you answer depends on your level of comfort with waiting. Start with checking airline prices now, then register on airline sites, so when sales come up your notified. You can also register here on TA for sale advisement. Also check this site:http://www.redtag.ca/flights.php

If you find something in Paris that seems reasonable to you I'd book that first then keep checking the rest.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

thanks just checked redtag and a good price for may...I dont know much about Icelander

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

I booked our flight from Seattle to Paris a month ago on IcelandAir. Perhaps prices will go down, but I have my seats. We also have the apartment booked.

I think it a bit early for booking the European cheapo airlines. I think you do best looking for those about 90 days out. (I just checked Easyjet to Venice for March out of Orly. Fares are €29.99.)

Tampa
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

It really is a matter of preference and personal comfort with waiting. I like to book early so for my trip next May, I booked about a month ago when I saw really good Swiss Int'l Airlines rates and I have my apartment booked too. I was told that I would probably get better rates if I waited to buy airline tickets until January but rates have stayed fairly high and I was not comfortable waiting that long. For apartments, now is a good time to book as the nicer ones tend to fill up as far as I can tell from this forum. With hotels, I think that you are generally safe to wait.

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
356 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

I wouldn't stay at a hotel in Paris. Prefer renting an apartment. Even if it's only a 3 night stay...

There are far too many nice, and reasonably priced, apartments in Paris.

If this is available, you could treat yourselves to something REALLY special that you will never forget: http://www.quai48parisvacation.com/

Think a bit outside of the box with regards to where you rest your weary head...

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

Hi,

Easy Jet fares start at their lowest, and gradually go up. Ryanair start high, go down for a while, then go up closer to the date. You might get a real bargain 5 or 6 weeks out. I think they put the dates on 6 months ahead now, but they are putting them on earlier,probably to compete with the big airlines, who sell seats nearly a year ahead.

7. Re: when do I book my airline and hotel in paris for may2011 ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 15:37