We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

strikes in September

carolinas
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
strikes in September

Is there a place to get information about the pending strikes? Just read the next day may be the 27th of Sept, but earlier had heard the 23. Thanks! Mazalea

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: strikes in September

www.connexionfrance.com has English news...and seem to have good knowledge of upcoming strikes.

The 23rd has been *threatened*, but not announced. That means as of this moment, there is no strike...this could change.

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: strikes in September

My husband & I have the same problem. We are going to paris on Sept-23-28. This is really a disappointment if they push through with the planned strike on these days. I wonder if anybody our there knows if this is going to push through.

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: strikes in September

My husband & I have the same problem. We are going to paris on Sept-23-28. This is really a disappointment if they push through with the planned strike on these days. I wonder if anybody our there knows if this is going to push through.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: strikes in September

First of all, take a deep breath. I promise you that life doesn't stop when there's a strike.

Second, read this:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187070-i12-k39171…

Now.

Go back and read it again.

The day you arrive you'll need to expect some difficulties...but international travel is rarely easy. Fortunately, the payoff is worth it.

Be patient. You'll get there...whether you have to wait a few extra minutes for a train, get on the Air France buses, or get a taxi, you'll get there.

Rogerstone
Level Contributor
201 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: strikes in September

Sunshine - brilliant response - well done!

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: strikes in September

Thank you very much. Great information!

7. Re: strikes in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 06:18