We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

I will be traveling to Paris in December for a few days.

I have scaled these forums trying to find an answer, looking at many different links and reccomendations but nothing seems to be what I want.

I plan on proposing to my partner while we are in Paris. At this stage I was panning to do it in the privacy of our own hotel room, maybe on the balcony looking at the sparkling Eiffel Tower. Especially consdiering it will be quite cold in December.

So with this in mind I am looking for luxurious hotel, preferably one with a balcony and view of the Eiffel tower. Considering I don't want to be proposing squashed up against a bed and cupboard I would like a spacious room with good room service and maybe some other luxuries like massages etc. Pretty much what you would imagine somone proposing in....

I was originally hoping to get something for $900 AUD a night.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

First of all, congratulations! I hope your proposal goes well.

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago. The views of the Eiffel Tower were really fantastic - it wasn't luxurious but I remember the rooms being very spacious.

The junior suite might suit you

www.hotel-splendid-paris.com/uk/index.php

Whittier
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

Have a look on the hotel Ares http://www.ares-paris-hotel.com/, it has a magnificent suite with a direct view on the Eiffel tower from the bed. Stunning! The whole decoration of the hotel is very luxurious, you've never seen that before...

Another possibilty would be the hotel SEVEN http://www.sevenhotelparis.com/, it doesn't have a view on the tower, but they have fabulous suites, perfect for a proposal! You should really have a look, because it would really make your stay an unforgettable one! I'm totally in love with this hotel and especially the "lovez vous" suite, or the "Sublime".

And congratulations for the proposal!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

If you do book the splendid ask for a room on the 5th floor this has the best view of the tower and the lights are turned on at the hour mark for about 5 minutes. Across the road is a great little restaurant called 7e Vin and the bus stop to all parts of Paris is outside the door and about 5 minutes walk to the tower.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

The view of the Eiffel Tower might be romantic, but so would be staying right on the Seine bank in the historic center. Have a look at the penthouse suite of the Hotel Les Rives de Notre-Dame - it overlooks the Seine, Notre Dame, the Louvre, Pont Neuf... and you wouldn't be squashed up against a bed and cupboard. I have never stayed in this hotel, it is above my budget, but a friend of mine stayed here, they were very happy with everything.

See pictures of the penthouse on: http://paris-hotel-rivesnotredame.com

Just another idea.

Patchogue, New York
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

I tried to put myself in your shoes and see through my knowledge of hotels in Paris which ones will fit the best and here is my selection:

Funny enough the first one that came to my mind was already mentioned by another on this topic and it is Hotel Ares Eiffel but of course you have to go for their top floor suite with a view of the Eiffel Tower. You'll be delighted with the comfort of the suite, its high-tech equipment, sumptuous furnitures and elegant decoration. Once you spend some nights there, I guess, you wouldn't want to go back to your home.

Another hotel with a romantic atmosphere propice for a proposal: Splendid Etoile Hotel; I loved so much this hotel that gave me more than I expected. I went to look on the recent reviews on TA and they say:

"Perfect hotel - wonderful experience"

"Fabulous - right by Arc de Triomphe, quaint intimate hotel: Definitely for a romantic trip to Paris - view of Arc de Triomphe from room - and eiffel tower in distance."

"First time visitors to Paris? Splendid Etoile - a great hotel location, fabulous location!"

"Great hotel very helpful staff and central location!" So you can't go wrong.

Another hotel I would recommend for you totally different than the other ones: Hotel Le Notre Dame Paris: just click http://www.hotelnotredameparis.com/ Isn't that stunning? The day I arrived at this hotel and I saw the Cathedral through the windows of their salon, just behind the reception area, I got deeply impressed and cheered from a long trip and from my bedroom that was even more amazing. I felt like in a movie stage or back to the Middle Age time. You'll never see the Cathedral like this in your life.

And if you like the area of Champs Elysees, you should have a look on Hotel des Champs Elysees: http://www.champselysees-paris-hotel.com/ and go for their top floor deluxe balneo room, a delight; I found it actually quite cheap for a 4 star hotel in the area of champs elysees. The facilities were really cool and particularly their balneo bath with changing colours. As it is a small hotel you feel like home and its staff are genuinely interested, friendly and smiling.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

Unfortunate I think what I had in mind is going to be too expensive. Hotel Athenee really only have rooms in my price range and none of them look over the Eiffel Tower. I kinda wanted that luxurious room service and large balcony. Oh well I am certain there are other places around paris which will do the trick.

My only concern is it will be too cold outside. I guess she won't really mind once she sees the ring, its just getting to that part that worries me. It looks like average temperatures range between 8-4 degrees celcius.

Anyone got any ideas on places or restaurants? I guess most of the ones you are thinking will be the usual that I have seen on these forums or around the internet. Are there any different ideas out there?

Actually one idea I did have was the "I love you" wall. Is that any good? It's hard to tell from some of the photos I have seen.

Again your help is always appreciated.

Cheers.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

While I would no longer call it luxurious you might want to consider the Pullman Eiffel Tower. It is a close as you can get to the tower and the front rooms have balconies.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

I feel sad for you but you know it doesn't have to be luxurious to be romantic ! I'm sure you there are some hotels in Paris that have a special touch or a romantic feel that would be perfect for you !

I'm sorry I can't help on the subject since I rarely stay in hotels when I'm in Paris, but I'm sure someone will come up with some great alternatives for you !

Just being in Paris is, by it self, really romantic ;-)

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

I Love You Wall is very nice - and definitely visit before/after you propose, but it would be underwhelming, I think, as "the" place - its' a very small square.

But you will be sightseeing outside, right?... Pont des Arts or Pont Alexandre III maybe? How about at Place du Trocadero - best views of the Eiffel Tower? There are cafes near by...Oh, one more idea: Since it will be December, the city will be full of Christmas lights and decorations - how about after dinner in the Marais, stopping by the front of the Hotel de Ville (stunning building), you could follow it brief walk along the Seine banks? Or, at the Arc de Triomphe at the Champs Elysees - again, the night lighting will be great.

As plannerHaolic , I can't help with hotels - but I also agree that just being in Paris will be special enough :)

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxurious and romantic hotel with an Eiffel Tower view

Which hotel did you mean splendid on the 5th floor?