We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - 3 days in Paris - man, woman and child - Day 3

Carbonear, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - 3 days in Paris - man, woman and child - Day 3

It's our last day in La Belle Ville. I hoped against hope that my ankle would cooperate, but it was still swollen. I forged on all the same, though we decided to rely mostly on the metro today rather than walking in order to give me some relief. Our original itinerary had planned for the Eiffel Tower this morning, but we had already done this and so had some time to plan for other things. We had thought to visit L'Orangerie on Day 1 but time didn't allow, so we set off towards Tuilleries.

L'Orangerie turned out to be the highlight of our trip. Both DD and I appreciate Monet, and I had explored through a TA forum where best to see his work. Words cannot describe this place. I cried upon entering the La Nymphaes exhibit, and noticed similar reactions from other visitors. Absolutely breathtaking. We rented an audio guide for DD and she loved hearing Monsieur Monet himself ;0) tell about his work on the waterlilies, as well as Paul Guillauime's collection. DH enjoyed his morning as well, choosing not to join us at the museum but rather sip coffee and people-watch around the fountains in Tuilleries Gardens. It was a wonderful morning.

Our train was set to depart at 6 pm. We planned to pop back to the hotel to gather our luggage by 3 in order to get ourselves on the metro and back to Gare de Nord in good time. So we had a couple of hours to spare and decided to head to Montmartre. Another good decision. Although we didn't really have enough time to have a good visit, we took the metro/ funicular up, caught some buskers in front of Sacre Couer, and enjoyed the bustle of Place de Tertre. DD got to try a crepe which she had been talking about since arriving in Paris (we had tried to order it for her when we ate breakfast at that cafe near Notre Dame on Day 2, but they weren't serving crepes for breakfast!). I found a lovely pottery art gallery and treated myself to a couple of nice pieces. We headed back to the hotel with a drag in our heels as it was time to leave. Paris, je t'aime! Until we meet again...

Franny

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - 3 days in Paris - man, woman and child - Day 3

This is a lovely report, just finished reading. I am so glad your daughter had a wonderful time, and got her crepe.

I'm taking my 16 year old daughter, and 9 year old grandaughter in October, we are so looking forward to it, have to do a search for crepe stands, GD really wants a Nutella one, also location's of bakeries, yhought they would be all over the place.

Hope your ankle is better,

Thanks for all the information.

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - 3 days in Paris - man, woman and child - Day 3

Thanks Franny for your reports! Sounded like you had a great time in Paris despite the sore ankle. Hope it didn't disturb the rest of your travels too much :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,136 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - 3 days in Paris - man, woman and child - Day 3

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your TR all about my favourite place !

EM.

Carbonear, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - 3 days in Paris - man, woman and child - Day 3

Thanks all for your kind concern about my ankle - our Paris adventure was at the tail end of our Europe tour and so I didn't have to contend with too much walking once we left Paris. I appreciate your comments, and thanks for reading.

Frannie

5. Re: Trip Report - 3 days in Paris - man, woman and child - Day 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2011, 05:32