We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somebody out there help me

glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
somebody out there help me

I am looking for info on how to get from Beauvais airport paris to Les Etangs Fleuris campsite or La Croix du vieux pont campsite via public transport. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Florida
Level Contributor
17,144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: somebody out there help me

I think you had best get your instructions from the campsites - I don't see a train station icon on mappy.com for either one. It would seem that you'd need to take the Beauvais shuttle into Paris, then a train or bus to the campsite(s) - there is no concise/centralized bus website to figure that out. You could try to enter your starting / ending points on www.ratp.fr "itinerary" in hopes that it would include regional bus routes.

Otherwise, come on into Paris, then take RER line A to the end of the line at Disneyland, then a taxi to your campsite. I'm sure it will be expensive.

USA
Level Contributor
28,324 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: somebody out there help me

To either campground from Beauvais, you would probably have to come to Paris first and than make SNCF train connections to SOISSONS from Gare du Nord for La Croix du Vieux Pont in Touquin or from Gare d'Est to COULOMMIERS for Les Estangs Flueuis in Berny-Rivière. In either case, these are simply the nearest SNCF train stations and then you would need to make your way from the train to the campgrounds themselves....of you could just hike..val da-ree..val da rah..

There may be (probably is) regional bus connections from Beauvais to these campgrounds, but I really don't know what they might be.

As has alreeady been suggested, your best bet on recommendations for Beauvais Airport transfers will probably be contacting the campgrounds themselves

LES ESTANGS FLEURIS--

http://www.etangsfleuris.com/en/camping.html

La CROIX du VIEUX PONT--

http://www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/

boston
Level Contributor
331 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: somebody out there help me

This may not help you at all but look up the website for Eurolines. It claims to be a network of bus transportation throughout Europe and other parts of the world. The number for Eurolines France is +33/0892899091. Check the website to make sure the number is accurate. I think there are bus lines that are tied to regions; for example, Bretagne has a network of bus routes. How do French people get around?

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: somebody out there help me

I know this is a pretty old post but I found it whilst doing a search and thought I would reply about the shuttle/local bus to the camp grounds

La Croix de Vieux Point certainly has no direct shuttle bus from either Compiegne or Soissons train station. In fact the bus service in Vic Sur Aisne is approx 1 bus every 2 hours with a break of around 3 hours at lunch time. They also don't run in the late evenings. I don't know about Les Etangs though

Hope that helps somebody :)

Soissons, France
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: somebody out there help me

for "la croix du vieux pont" which I know because it is near Soissons, I think the best way is maybe to take a train in Beauvais to go to Compiègne (about 1H30 and you must change in Creil) and in Compiègne go by taxi to the campsite (26 kms to go). There are two lines of buses from Compiegne to Soissons (and vic sur aisnse) but I don't have the schedules

6. Re: somebody out there help me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 20:17