We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

Bonjour,

J'aimerai savoir, quel monument, selon vous, il est plus interessant de visiter à Paris ?

Est ce que la Tour Eiffel vaut le détour ?

Merci de vos réponses

UQAMienne active

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

La Tour Eiffel, Bien sur!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

Seriously?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,819 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

Le Louvre!

If you prefer to post in French you might find the French-language forum more useful - tripadvisor.fr/ShowForum-g187144-i13-Ile_de_…

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

It is true that the TA French forum is less active then the English one but it is strange to read French in an English forum ! ;-)

I love being able to see the Eiffel Tower from different point around the city. It always make me feel even more in Paris. But personnaly I would not say that it is the most interesting one... but surely you have to see it at least one time.

The more I'm thinking and the more I realize that is quite difficult to choose just one as there are so many.

Juste au cas où tu ne comprennes pas bien l'anglais... J'adore pouvoir apercevoir la tour Eiffel d'un peu partout dans Paris. Mais je ne dirais pas que c'est le monument le plus intéressant quoiqu'il soit impératif d'y aller au moins une fois !

Par contre, j'aurais bien de la misère à te dire lequel est le plus intéressant car il y en a tant !!! Comme toujours, ça dépend aussi en partie de tes goûts à toi !

Edited: 12 October 2010, 18:06
London, United...
Level Contributor
12,819 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

OMG, you've been 'tu'ed. Je suis désole.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

Don't worry jdbri ! In Quebec, we are "tu"ing quite often and it is not a mark of unrespect... it is our way of doing. Especially being in a friendly forum like this one, even in a French forum I would tend to "tu" the person asking a question as lots of member are doing it. And UQAMienne is a university student so in an environement even more inclined to "tu"ing as a everyday way of talking to others. No disrespect here I assure you.

But you are lucky in English as your TU and VOUS are the same ! ;-)

I'm always reading the "you" in this forum as a "tu"... so you see different people, different culture, different perspective :-)

No offence intended :-)

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
56 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

For me, the monuments in Paris are as different as the people who visit them. And therefore they are interesting at different levels.

As a symbol of Paris, the Eiffel Tower is most recognizable and is a engineering marvel. The views from the top are breathtaking for me.

But also Notre Dame is very interesting because of it's age, history, and design, and the perserverance of the people (generations) who built it. I find the same interest in the old structure in the south of France. They are engineering and construction marvels in their own right.

The palace and gardens of Versailles are interesting because of the times in history they represent and the wealth that existed during their peak.

The Louvre is interesting due to the history of the buildings and location; but also the world's art treasures. It is wonderful to have seen the Mona Lisa, but as an artwork, I admire many of the other objects in the Louvre just as much.

With so much to love, who can choose just one?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,819 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

I like the Québecois. Unfortunately, I only know one sentence in français québécois - ou est mon poutine?

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

Most Interesting/ le plus interessant depends of one's interests/ depend de ce que l' on aime. Could be something with an unusual historical significance or something that is typical of the architecturally of its time.

...I give up the simultaneous translation...

For me most interesting = unusual. The Eiffel tower, the Louvre, the Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame have to be seen but are too famous and familiar in a way...and, as far as cathedrals go, there are dozens in France that are nearly as big as Notre Dame and much more authentic (Viollet-le-Duc, liked many 19th century architects, had the bad habit to restore monuments as he thought they should have looked originally, not as they actually once looked like)

My choice would be Hotel de Cluny, Hotel de Sens, Hotel de Soubise, any one of the several bits and pieces that remains of the medieval fortified walls (one is in an underground parking garage..)

Any villa is also worth seeing (a villa in Paris is not a single family home that was once a weekend retreat but a private/ semi-private street or lane with small houses built for blue collar families in the 19th cent. and early 20th century). there are loads of them in the Buttes-Chaumont area, in the non-touristy parts of Montmartre, in the 13th district etc.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
865 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quel monument parisien est le plus intéressant de visiter ??

Pour moi......c'est Paris meme. Les restos, les boulevards, les cafes. Quand je pense de Paris....je pense de ces choses.