We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying with Car in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
213 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Staying with Car in Paris

Hi, we are driving to Paris for three nights, can anyone recommend a hotel or apartment for 2 adults 2 children with parking and easy access to the centre of Paris.

Huizen, The...
Level Contributor
344 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

Hi Holly

I think it is very difficult for people to answer your post without you giving a price indication and more about what you are looking for. Your question is too general if you know what I mean.

The only advice I can give you is...The metro system is really good, so if you want good priced accomodation and parking have a look at the 2 digit arrondissement numbers.. except for "18" (maybe other numbers but I do not know that).

Last year we stayed in '13' and parking was 8euro's a day and got a good price for a hotel. Booking.com is, I think, the best way to find a hotel.

If you want an apartment there are a lot of websites where you can fill in the dates, price etc and narrow it down. But about 75% of the calenders are not up to date so you still have to wait and hope that some-thing is available.

With children and the size of hotel rooms, apartments are good to rent... but watch out for 'hidden' costs also if you are only going for 3 nights.

Good luck.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

Not many hotels have their own parking lots, but usually you can find something close and often you can get a discount on parking arranged by your hotel. Parking costs about 20-30 euros a day.

The other question is how comfortable you would be driving around in the center - maybe it is better to stay out a bit and use metro.

One hotel which does have underground parking and also relatively easy to reach (being close to the ring road) is Hotel Ampere (http://parishotelampere.com). And they also have quadruple rooms. Location is very good with Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysées located near, and it is convenient to get into the city. However, it is a 4-star hotel, and although it is one of the cheapest high end hotels, it still might be too much for some.

Another hotel I can suggest which is easy to reach with a car is Hotel Palma (http://www.paris-hotel-palma.com) out in the 20th district. There is parking right across the hotel and also a metro stop a minute away. It is a budget hotel, but only has doubles and triples - maybe two doubles would work. This hotel is especially good if you are planning to visit Disneyland with your car.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

Rather than looking for a hotel or apartment with parking, you could choose a hotel nearer to the tourist sights but park on the edge of Paris where parking is much cheaper. So you would go to the hotel, unload bags, and one of you then drives the car out to a suitable car park and returns by Métro.

You can look for suitable car parks and check the tariffs at www.vincipark.fr. Just enter 75019 (say) where it says "Ville, code postal", then scroll down to the map. You can move the map around to see where any Vinci car park is in Paris, and click on the 'P' symbol to check the address and tariffs.

Examples are the car parks at La Villette Cité de la Musique (Métro: Porte de Pantin, 15€ per day) or Bagnolet (Métro: Gallieni, 10€ per day).

London
Level Contributor
213 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies. We were thinking of trying to get a hotel or apartment near the ring road and then using the metro to go into the centre of Paris for sightseeing. Unfortunately it is years since I have been in Paris and don't know the areas near the ring road so I don't know where to look.

If you can recommend any areas to look in that would be great. Thanks once again.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

There is a belt of hotels around three sides of Paris (north, east and south) which all have parking garages (not free, however). You might want to visit the websites of the major chains to study the possibilities and rates.

www.accorhotels.com for Etap, Ibis, Mercure, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Pullman.

www.louvrehotels.com for Kyriad and Campanile

There are also Holiday Inn Express, Hôtel B&B and others ringing Paris.

Porte de la Chapelle, Porte de Bagnolet, Porte de Montreuil, Porte d'Italie and Porte d'Orléans are 5 of the places with the biggest hotel grouping due to easy metro access. Porte de Bagnolet and Porte de Montreuil also have shopping malls next to the hotels, which you might consider to be a positive factor.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

I drive all the time to Paris 13th and park here: saemes.fr/parking/Parking_charlety-coubertin… -- I have never had any trouble with it.

A week is €64

7. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 November 2015, 21:05
Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
457 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

Just spent a week one block from the Place d'italie. This area in the 13th has all your requirements

Hotels- including a Citadines right on the Place.

Lots of restaurants of all types plus 10 minutes to Chinatown.

Parking garages/lots within walking distance.

A transportation nexus at the Place with three metro lines and five bus lines. Line 24 takes you right to the courtyarda of the Louvre in 20 minutes.

Check it out-just a short ride in from the Porte d'Italie on the ring road.

London
Level Contributor
213 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

Thank you all for your help. I can't wait for my trip to Paris.

10. Re: Staying with Car in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:16