We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

Hi,

My husband & I are planning a trip to Paris in Spring next year. However, we can't decide which month is a better month to go. We are looking at either: last week of April or last week of May. We basically want to see blooming flowers in the gardens and a nice weather (not too cold & not too hot). Are the plane fares and hotel rates reasonable at these times? Any guidance and advice are really appreciated.

Luxembourg Palace
Castles, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Architectural Buildings, Gardens
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,214 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

we have usually been in Paris in May and nothing is more changeable than Parisian spring weather. This year it was cold the second week of May -- we had to turn on the heat in the apartment -- it was in the 40sF -- we heard that at the end of April it had been warm and lovely -- later in May it was warm and lovely -- and rainy and chilly

it is often rainy and chilly in the spring -- and sometimes it is sunny and lovely -- May is a great time for flowers though

it is unpredictable so important to plan for rain and shine and go with the flow

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,124 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

We have been going in early April for several years and sometimes the flowers and trees are blooming and sometimes not, but there are still many potted plants which have been put in the ground then. I think late April would be even nicer, and May nicer still.

This was from 2010...

…smugmug.com/Travel/…837704889_NuyqX-S.jpg

But 2009 was better...

…smugmug.com/Travel/…516975566_wa6Jk-S.jpg

…smugmug.com/Travel/…516975555_qvycr-S.jpg

…smugmug.com/Travel/…516989199_qQcA9-S.jpg

Pjk

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

I've never had good luck with April or May weather in Paris, and I've been during those months half a dozen times. Typically I've gotten lots of rain, and frigid temps in the mid-50s. Honestly, I've actually had drier, more pleasant conditions (albeit colder temps) with late February/early March trips that I greatly preferred over my April/May experiences.

Hope you get luckier than me....

Edited: 19 October 2010, 17:22
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

I've had exceptionally good luck with the weather in May, but it's after the spring flowers and flowering trees, and replanting time, so not a time when the flowers are in bloom all over.

Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

Thank you very much for your responses. They are truly appreciated. But my husband & I are still nowhere near a decision :(

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

Either month would be fine because the weather is not static. I visited this past mid-March, and the weather was sunny and dry, not too cold.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,124 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

If it helps, we have gone in the past during the first two weeks of April because of schedules, but next year we will go a little bit later in April assuming the weather will be somewht better and the blooms somewhat bloomier.

Pjk

8. Re: The better month to go to Paris in the Spring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 06:17