We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

people make my trip a memorable one for this november

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
people make my trip a memorable one for this november

husband and wife first time visit to Paris and switzerland Plz help in planning our trip for this november.

3day stay at hotel Claridge Champs Elysees

Day 1: Louvre, Tuileries, Arc de Triomphe , Champs-Élysées

Day 2: Versailles, Eiffel tower, Notre Dame

Day 3: Musée d'Orsay , Montmartre

want to know bit about weather too.We have booked our tickets and with tht they r providing us swiss pass for paris(3days) and switzerland(5days) for 8 days ....wer and all can i use this swiss pass other than metro

Kindly help me in my matter and help me to make my trip a memorable one

cheers!!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

An easier way would be:

1) Arc de Triomphe straight down the Champs Elyzees to Tuileries and Concorde then Louvre.

2) Trocadero, Eiffel Tower down the champs de Mars then walk or take a metro/bus to Musee d'Orsay.

3) Versailles / Notre Dame / Montmartre, Sacre Coeur.

If you need any more details, feel free to ask!

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

So tht means

Day 1:

Champs Elysees----)Arc de Triomphe-----)tuileries-----)Concorde----)louvre

Day 2 :

Versailles----)Eiffel tower-----)Notre Dame

Day 3 :

Musée d'Orsay-----)Montmartre

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

Don't forget to take a boat trip on the Seine at night...one of my favorite travel experiences. Also, consider climbing to the top of AdT. Not that hard and the view is a great reward for your efforts.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

I don't understand how a SWISS pass is going to be of any use while in Paris.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

What days of the week will you be in Paris? That info will help in organizing, and you have to work around closures, etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

You may wish to visit the Musee Marmottan in the 16th arond. which has one of the world's best Monet collections in a handsome house setting.

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

"Trocadero, Eiffel Tower down the champs de Mars then walk or take a metro/bus to Musee d'Orsay"

what does this line say?

Does it say me to travel in this way:

Trocadero---)champs de Mars---)Eiffel Tower ---)Musee d'Orsay

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

You badly need to look at a map...Buy a guidebook or look at a map on the internet...

You start at Trocadero, cross the Seine to go to the Eiffel tower then walk (away from E.T) to the far end of the grassy area called Champs de Mars AND turn left on a wide avenue, ending up by the Invalides and musee Rodin.

On day 2 it makes more sense to me to see Notre Dame first then take the RER C nearby to go to Versailles then Montmartre

and Sacre Coeur. Versailles is a long day though, if one see not only the main Castle but also the huge gardens and Marie-Antoinette Hamlet.

I too wonder what a Swiss pass has to do with the Paris Metro! looks like you were misled.

9. Re: people make my trip a memorable one for this november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2011, 05:17