We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRBO rentals

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
VRBO rentals

i was at a Europe travel expo today in Brisbane and I mentioned to the 2 ladies running the French stand that we a booking an apartment in Paris through VRBO. they have never heard of this company.

should I be concerned????

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Marche Ou Crepe
£, French, Bar, Cafe
Les Apotres de Pigalle
££ - £££, South American, Brew Pub, European
Restaurant Mumi
££££, French, European
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VRBO rentals

Your main concern should be the lack of general knowledge of travel agents.

VRBO is a totally legitimate worldwide company. You are just dealing with the various owners who I guess could be of varying standards. I have used it and prefer it to paying an agency for usually doing nothing much. IMO agencies just add an extra complication in a straightforward transaction between you and the owner.

Edited: 31 October 2010, 11:24
Brisbane
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: VRBO rentals

Not necessarily so. We have booked two apartments in Paris via the VRBO site, one in Place De Vosges (2009) and one on the Left Bank (2010), as well as 2 in Budapest (2008). We found all 4 apartments lived up to expectations and we had no problems at all. Having said that, it probably depends on the individual owner with whom you will make bookings, pay deposits etc. as well as the amount of research and prior communication you undertake.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Vosges
Vosges
Grand Est, France
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VRBO rentals

thank you for replies. the owner of the apartment and I have emailed several times and she is very helpful and has already supplied me with a huge amount of recommendations for shops, markets, trains, directions etc

i am ready to book.

4. Re: VRBO rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 05:17