We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan Parks

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Caravan Parks

Hi all - we will be travelling through France in a Motorhome for 3 weeks ending with a 5 day stay in Paris.

Are there Caravan Parks on the outskirts of Paris where we could stay and catch Public Transport (bus or train)into the city each day or would it be better to return the Motorhome and organise accommodation somewhere in the city. Thanks

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
502 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,183 Reviews
from US$108.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
789 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
628 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan Parks

The Camping du Bois de Boulogne might fit the bill.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan Parks

Here's a link to the place that kerouac is talking about:

Depending on when you're going, the cost for the pitch will be between roughly 22 and 30 euros for two people, with an extra charge per person thereafter. They also have a sister site out near Disneyland.

There are reviews on TA...

... and I found this description on the beerandbeans blog (you'll find plenty more if you google)

The Bois de Boulogne is lovely during the day but, if it were me, I'd probably opt for a cheap hotel or apartment closer to the centre to round out the three week trip. We've rented a motorhome in NZ and enjoyed it for a week but, for me, the idea of a proper bed and a private shower would be bliss after travelling in the confines of a motorhome for a while!

I think that once you factor in the cost of the site and the motorhome, and the inconvenience of the travelling time each day, you could probably find somewhere to stay in the city centre that's not that much more expensive and a bit easier (and more comfortable) overall.

Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravan Parks

There's an Aire de Service at Eurodisney for Motorhomes and a campsite at Versailles called Huttopia Versailles on Rue Berthalot.

Many campsites close during the Winter months, if that is when you're going, and quite often water supplies are not available because of the cold weather.

The site Camping du Bois de Bouoogne is very popular and is usually booked up in Summer.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan Parks

Thanks for that info - either one of those mentioned is probably what we are looking for. We intend to arrive in France approx 12th September then finish up in Paris the first week in October - will the majority of things still be open at this time and is the weather ok at this time of the year?

5. Re: Caravan Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 06:33