We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Autrement: Coton doux Apartment

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paris Autrement: Coton doux Apartment

Hi I'm thinking about booking the Coton Doux apartment through Paris Auterement (parisautrement.com/en/apartment/96/coton-doux). Has anyone stayed there? Can anyone give me any feedback about this apartment and it's location and such?

MUCH appreciated! Thanks!!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
490 reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Autrement: Coton doux Apartment

Marais area is a nice one but the map is so small on their site that I can't see the exact location. This a very small apartment (26 sq.m. is like 250 sq.ft) and it is on the 4th floor (5th American) with no lift. Unless you are young and fit it is not obvious to walk 5 flights up every day at least one if not twice a day.

Edited: 24 December 2010, 21:06
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Autrement: Coton doux Apartment

That is a very tiny studio apartment. They offer an open bath and kitchen because there's no space for doors I suppose. I agree with the above poster's advice about the fact there's no lift.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Autrement: Coton doux Apartment

The apartment would be OK for one person, but I think as a couple you would have to be very close to find the open bathroom acceptable. It looks as if the bath is right next to the sitting area with only a low glass screen in between - very peculiar! Maybe if you are young and in love...I don't know! I have reached the age where I value my privacy!!

(Although, strangely it seems, despite being over 50, I have no problem at all with climbing stairs!)

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Autrement: Coton doux Apartment

Thanks guys. We are young and we don't have issues with the stairs. I've lived in NYC and have no issue with the size. I lived in a smaller space then this with another girl and it was manageable, not ideal but manageable. We want something fairly cheap so we can spend more money on food and other things. This apartment seemed nicer then most hotels that are in the same price range. If anyone knows of anything better in the 80 euro or less range that would be much appreciated. The ones I found were much smaller then this and not as clean. Thanks again!!

5. Re: Paris Autrement: Coton doux Apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2011, 05:18