We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Kitchen dinner party

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden Kitchen dinner party

Has anyone enjoyed the experience of HK. I have read about it and thought it sounded an interesting idea and an event to include in my month long itinerary.

I sent an email to them about a month ago to make a reservation but have not had a response.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

Husband and I had dinner at Hidden Kitchen in 2009. It was absolutely wonderful! We felt it was well-priced considering the amount of food AND wine. If you get a chance, go for it.

I'd recommend sending a polite e-mail to determine if HK received your first e-mail. Occasionally they do go back to the States for business/family reasons, so perhaps that's why you haven't received a response.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,464 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

we enjoyed it and while not cheap it was reasonable in light of the meal -- a 10 course tasting meal and the paired wines etc -- good company and conversation

they usually indicate available times to be booked on the site -- it is possible they were booked for when you requested -- we always got timely response -- so I would query again

Cambria, California
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

I really enjoyed the HK dinner last Februrary.

You walk in the front door and you are handed a glass of champagne.

After a visit with your other dining guests, you are seated at a long table

and get to experience a "Top Chef" dinner. Just make sure you sit next to some interesting people. I got stuck sitting across from a Krya Sedgwick

lookalike who was so self centered, I almost threw up my meal listening to her inane conversation.

l

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
298 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

We loved Hidden Kitchen when we dined there in 2009. I think that they are away for the holidays and beyond (they may be closed and out of the country for most of January) as we tried to make a reservation for our trip this week and they were to be closed. I believe they list when they are closed in January so you will know if that's the case. I don't know when you are traveling, but we made reservations for March, 2011 in September, to give you an idea of how far out people contact them. I would send a second email, but check their website to see when they will be back in business. If they are booked for the time you are requesting, they will let you know. Hope you are successful. It is a wonderful experience.

Eve

Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

Thanks everyone, I will keep trying

Cheers

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

I have been on the site, but cannot find what the evening costs. Any hints?

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

We had a wonderful evening at Hidden Kitchen in October. We met some great people and had a wonderful meal.

We had I believe 10 courses each paired with wine. The cost was around E90 each.

They have a very cute dog, Tattie, that they let out at the very end of the evening.

It's amazing the food that is produced in such a tiny kitchen. And absolutely no mess to be seen!!!

Enjoy

Cambria, California
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

80 euros per person as of last February!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

Thanks. Compared to the prices of tasting menus with paired wine at Parisian restaurants, that sounds quite reasonable.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
496 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hidden Kitchen dinner party

Interesting thread here....sounds like an enjoyable venue (discounting the potential for disagreeable fellow diners, of course).

Have any of the respondents here attended one (or maybe even more) of Jim Haynes soirees at all, and able to do a comparison..?

Cheers,

Rick

Cairns & PNG