We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel on Corsair?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel on Corsair?

Planning a trip to Paris in July and the best rates are on Corsair..however, I am very unfamiliar with this airline and was wondering what experiences have been? I have traveled to Europe many times..just never on this carrier? Any comments? Thank you!!

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel on Corsair?

About 15 years ago Corsair had flights servicing LAX, Tahiti and Paris. We took one of those flights as part of a package deal. This was pre-911 so things have changed for the better. The flight was very un-pleasant due to passengers who were already on the plane from Tahiti when we boarded in Los Angeles. There were a group of very drunk passengers who were sort of milling about and then congregating in front of the restrooms. Vey noisy and one guy fell down and just lay there in the aisle. After dinner service the flight attendants just vanished. All in all it was pretty bad.

I'm pretty sure stuff like that does not happen anymore.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel on Corsair?

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/corsair.htm

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel on Corsair?

Thanks for the link Irish. Now I get to worry about the fight we have booked on Air Tahiti Nui in April. LOL

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel on Corsair?

My daughter and I have had good luck with Air Tahiti Nui, LAX to CDG and return.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel on Corsair?

Thanks for the re-assurance. The reviews I read on Skytrax were not very favorable.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel on Corsair?

We use Corsair for flights from Montréal to Paris and always had excellent service. Their "Classe Grand Large" is excellent for food and service compared to other charter companies.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel on Corsair?

My own experience with them was so long ago that I would expect that things have changed since then.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel on Corsair?

We flew with Corsair Montreal-Paris return and were impressed. Better service, food and drinks than with Air Transat and also Air Canada - did not feel like a charter, and I have friends that only fly with them (to Paris, 2-3 times a year).

9. Re: Travel on Corsair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 06:21