We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport photos in the 5th or 6th (Carte Sesame photo needed

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Passport photos in the 5th or 6th (Carte Sesame photo needed

I have printed two photos from flickr which may or may not be sufficient for the Grand Palais ticket checkers. I have a Carte Sesame but no photo. I was kind of wondering why I was not prompted for a photo when I was pulling it from the FNAC site, because I was told there would be a need for a photo previous to that. It didn't say anything on the website, that I saw anyway, so I thought I was in the clear.

At any rate, no time today - flying out tonight!

I will not be going to this exhibit until Sunday so I can get my photo taken in Paris somewhere tomorrow.

Any ideas? I imagine there are regular photo shops which will do this, but I've no idea where they are. I plan to spend tomorrow in the 6th and I am staying in the 5th so any advice would be great.

Although I suppose I could swipe the photo from my Intl Driving Permit, which expires in May. It might have a stamp across it though.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport photos in the 5th or 6th (Carte Sesame photo needed

There will certainly be automatic photo kiosks at the main railway stations. These provide photos of the required size.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,641 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport photos in the 5th or 6th (Carte Sesame photo needed

any full-face photo will do -- they're not looking for true government ID quality.

The post office...supermarkets...railway stations -- there are coin-operated photo machines everywhere. You don't see them if you're not looking for them, but then they start appearing out of midair, it seems.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport photos in the 5th or 6th (Carte Sesame photo needed

Just use a photomaton. They are in almost every metro station and Monoprix. And they are certainly not "passport photos."

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport photos in the 5th or 6th (Carte Sesame photo needed

I am back! The guards didn't even ask... no worries.

Will write a TR later.. so tired.

5. Re: Passport photos in the 5th or 6th (Carte Sesame photo needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2012, 07:16