We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel advice for family - priceline?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shetland Islands...
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotel advice for family - priceline?

We will be in Paris for one night (7 April) en route back from Germany to Scotland. Should arrive about lunchtime and then leave the next morning. Looking for a nice hotel preferably with a quad room but not too expensive (180 euros if possible?)

Would be good if it could be central/on metro line.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Should we try Priceline?

We have used it successfully for Amsterdam as part of same trip but seems to get mixed reviews for Paris.

Does anyone know what 4 star hotels are coming up and for what price?

We know it only does twin rooms.

thanks for any help you can give

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

On Better bidding, it says that often the 4 star that comes out for the Montparnasse-6th area is the Pullman. Have a look there have been recent posts that also give prices.

And if you are leaving from Orly, Montparnasse is closer

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

Bear in mind Priceline is only gets you a room for 2. For more people, use http://www.hotwire.com

As yymca6 says above, use http://www.betterbidding.com for 'inside info' before you use either PL or HW.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

I doubt you can get a quad in a 4-star hotel for 180 euros.

Anyway, there is a useful thread about hotels with family / quad rooms if you want to have a look:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k15546…

It only lists 0-3 star hotels, but that's more in your price range.

Ashland, Kentucky
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

Try these two hotels, in the 11th, pretty central, moderatly priced :

Hotel Lyon Mulhouse http://www.hotel-lyonmulhouse.com/ & Hotel Baudelaire Bastille http://www.paris-hotel-bastille.com/

Both have quadruple room.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

Hey just remember some of the caveats before using Priceline.

1. Non-refundable

2. Room may only fit up to 2 people

3. Hotel may not have certain amenities (e.g., swimming pool).

I use priceline a lot, but not when I might need to cancel, etc.

ireland
Level Contributor
975 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

The Terminus Gare de Lyon has a quad for 159 euro that night(if you have children under 12 it might be cheaper) I was going to book it last year, because I liked the look of it, and the review's were good, but the Novotel round the corner had a much cheaper rate at that time, so I booked there instead. At the moment though the pre paid rate for the Novotel is 189 euro, so the terminus is better value.

It's a great area, and with the station straight across the road you can get anywhere in the city in no time. The no 63 bus from there will take you through the Latin Quarter to Trocadero, very handy.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
730 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

I love PL, and think this is a perfect way for your situation.

BFT shows that a 4* is going for about $US110-120. At that rate you get 2 rooms in a nice hotel for about what you want to spend.

For instance, the last win was Paris 4* Le Meridien Etoile $120. The Montparnasse area gets you 4* Paris Marriott Rive Gauche $108. .

That is, if you bid correctly.

ipswich
Level Contributor
366 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

Marriott Hotels are usually a good bet, they have rooms that have two double beds, we use this arrangement when we travel (we are lucky though to have two boys who can share!) Have a great trip!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

Check the Novotel hotel chain. Sometimes you can get a special that includes breakfast. The children eat breakfast for free. I stay at the Novotel Paris Gare Montparnasse when in Paris.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel advice for family - priceline?

I'm thinking that at Hotel Sevigne, you might be able to get two rooms at 90 Euros or so each, and then you'd also have 2 baths, which would be great! The reason I'm suggesting it is because you mention "good if it could be on central Metro line," and the Sevigne is right at St Paul Metro, which is Line 1 and a central line. Also easy walking distance to Notre Dame and in a nice part of the Marais/4th. I have booked my son there, tho have not stayed myself. It's pretty basic--small rooms, very clean:

http://www.le-sevigne.com/