We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
872 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon in Paris

I did a search for Groupon and came up with nothing. I was wondering if this is popular in Paris and/or France as it is here in the United States. I usually buy them when they offer a deal on a spa or maybe a restaurant I want to try. I now receive Groupons for Paris and Reims, and there was on for a helicopter tour around Paris that I was going to buy, but I couldn't figure out when it expired as we will not be there until August. So I guess my question is - is it a faux pas to buy and use groupons in Paris/Reims for restaurants and other activities? Or are they pretty popular. Thanks,

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon in Paris

Just curious - I don't see Paris as a city listed on Groupon.com Is there a sep. site for European cities?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
872 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon in Paris

www.groupon.fr

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon in Paris

Thanks. I see other cities where I will be traveling, unfortunately, the pages are not in English. I can read the French a bit, but not Danish, Swedish or Norweigen - too bad, could have been some good deals.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon in Paris

Try using translate.google.com

Washington state
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groupon in Paris

If you've made the financial investment of spending the money to travel to and stay in Paris, why let special deals influence your decisions of what to see and do? You could simply decide what it is you would most like to see and you will have found a "deal," because you'll get what you want out of your trip.

Of course, I realize that you may have fun with finding a "special deasl" that suit you. More power to you in that case!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
872 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groupon in Paris

Just want to know if people use Groupon in Paris like they do in the United States - that's all.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,269 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groupon in Paris

It's just getting started here, Stacey, so it's not common, but it seems to be building.

I see far more Groupon emails for things like massages, facials, haircuts, tanning booths, etc., than I ever see for restaurants, though. They come through, but not as often.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Groupon in Paris

If you're looking for restaurant deals, see www. Lafourchette.fr.

Registration is free and you get regular updates.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Groupon in Paris

My wife and I travel to Paris on a regular basis and have purchased and used many Groupons. Restaurants, tours, dance classes and a cut and color to name just a few. You will be welcomed with open arms.

Temple Terrace, Fl
Level Contributor
572 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Groupon in Paris

I purchased a Groupon for a restaurant and will use it in a few weeks. Most of the ones that were offered were like Sunshine said, spas, lipo, some photo shoots, etc. Not many restaurant ones since I have been getting their emails.