We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with finding a key piece at the Louvre

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lawndale, California
Level Contributor
665 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help with finding a key piece at the Louvre

Hello all. I recently saw a painting at the Louvre that I want to recommend to a friend to check out, but I cannot locate it on the Louvre website so as to find the wing, floor, room. I know it exists because I have pics of it and the placard next to it on the wall! It's called "La Reve de Paris" by "Entourage de Coecke van Aelst." Can anyone help me with a location? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with finding a key piece at the Louvre

You can search the database of the Louvre on Google. This is what you were after.

cartelen.louvre.fr/cartelen/visite…

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with finding a key piece at the Louvre

http://www.culture.gouv.fr/public/mistral/joconde_fr?ACTION=RETROUVER&NUMBER=1&GRP=0&USRNAME=nobody&USRPWD=4%24%2534P&SPEC=9&SYN=1&IMLY=&DOM=All&REQ=%28%28%27INV+2003%27%29+%3AINV+%29

copy and click for your painting.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with finding a key piece at the Louvre

Richelieu wing, second floor, room 10. Your friend should ask information to make sure the painting hasn't been moved whe nhe /she goes there.

Lawndale, California
Level Contributor
665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with finding a key piece at the Louvre

Thanks so much! I tried to navigate the Louvre's website for more than an hour, and was coming up with nothing. Thanks again for the help!

5. Re: Help with finding a key piece at the Louvre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 11:16