We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

Boston...
Level Contributor
392 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

Hello,

After trying to get a handle on the Metro/RER, I have now plunged into buses! We are staying at Holiday Inn Gare D'Lest, and we will be going to Sacre Couer, Tour Eiffel (pre purchasing tickets online), and Notre Dame in one day.

I am loving the interactive planner

www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

and have devised a route. I wanted to see if there is any reason I shouldn't use certain buses, etc.

We can go from our hotel to Sacre Couer on Bus 31 to Mairie du 18th. We'll take the Montmartrobus to the Utrillo stop. (Will it be obvious where we should walk when we get off here?) Is Bus 31 a good idea?

After Sacre Couer we can take the funicular down, spend some time around Montmartre, and then to Tour Eiffel for prepaid tickets around 13:00. We can take either the Metro from Anvers (M2) to Bir Hakeim (M6) via Charles de Gaulle - Etoile...(RATP site says 26 minutes) OR pick up Bus 80 and get off at Ecole Militaire. I have no sense of how long the bus would take, although we like the idea of seeing out the windows instead of being underground. Is one option better than the other?

Notre Dame is open until 18:45, we don't plan on climbing the towers, so we plan to get there late afternoon, and have dinner in the area afterwards. Is it ok to get to Notre Dame so late?

One last question - any opinions on whether we should center lunchtime around Montmartre or Tour Eiffel? Nothing fancy or even sit-down necessarily - we like street food/markets. I hear Montmartre is a good "foodie" area - but then again, so is all of Paris, correct?!

Thank you :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

Bus 31 is fine. You could also take bus 30 and change to the Montmartrobus at Pigalle.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

If in Montmartre for lunch try Le Bruant on Rue des Abbesses, on your way to Rue Lepic.

If close to Tour Eiffel, try La Terrasse du 7e right by the Métro École Militaire.

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

As you will have prepaid tickets for the Eiffel tower you can't have lunch in Montmartre. As the Eiffel Tower tickets are only valid 30 minutes as far as i know, you cannot be late. It ca take a very long time to reach the Eiffel Tower, so i would take the metro to be sure to be on time. Then you can always take a bu to go to Notre Dame as even if it is slow you don't risk missing your entrance.

Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
344 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

What metro lines do i take from eiffel to sacre couer

would be easier to take a taxi 4 people

Thanks Butchm

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,411 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

you could take the 2 from Sacre Couer Anvers to Charles deGaulle Etoille and switch to the 6 there and get off at Bir Hakeim

6. Re: Bus from Sacre Couer to Tour Eiffel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:40