We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping

We are staying on rue Vauvilliers for 9 days.

Any suggestions on where to purchase basic groceries and supplies (shampoo, laundry soap, milk, cofee, tea, etc.)?

I was thinking Monoprix (I think there is one at Pyramides metro stop), but I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping

The nearest is Franprix rue Berger ; it is cheaper than Monoprix, and ideal for basic groceries.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping

The closest supermarket is Marché Franprix, 35 Rue Berger, just around the corner from Rue Vauvilliers.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
910 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping

We have shopped Monoprix and Franprix. Ususally whichever is closer, Are you getting excited. This week!!!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shopping

There is a huge Monoprix right at métro Pyramides. In any case, Monoprix and Franprix are owned by the same company -- the only difference is that Monoprix is a variety store that includes a supermarket and Franprix is just a supermarket. Now you can also find Monop' which is a superette chain with extended hours.

It is true that Franprix is significantly cheaper than Monoprix, but the quality is just as good. Fewer gourmet products, however.

Edited: 07 March 2011, 20:00
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Shopping

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear there is something close by so we can get our supplies once we take stock of the apartment.

Iroccaf - Mais oui! We've started to create "the stack" of things we musn't forget to take (camera, passports, currency, documents, airplane books & mags...). How about you? Is your daughter looking forward to seeing you again?

-Jean

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
910 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Shopping

We are really excited. I started packing yesterday and am going slowly this week so that I don't forget anything. Our daughter is excited too. She actually lives here so she is just coming to meet us for her spring break. The 25 year old is staying home to guard the house.

7. Re: Grocery Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 19:16