We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent experience with St André des Arts rental 24752?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Recent experience with St André des Arts rental 24752?

A few years back there was some discussion about a rental from Perfect Places off Rue St André des Arts:

perfectplaces.com/vacation-rentals/24752.htm

I've sent an inquiry, but am wondering whether anyone has had any recent experience with this rental. I realize it's a busy area, but the bedroom faces a courtyard so this shouldn't be too bad. What I couldn't figure out from the photos (and pardon my ignorance of the local streets..) was whether the other rooms had any view outside at all that would let in some light, or whether they faced a covered passage way.

Just this past year I returned to visit Paris after a 14 year absence, and now MUST return again soon to visit the museums I missed.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent experience with St André des Arts rental 24752?

I've also made inquiry about this more expensive apartment, but upon looking more closely, I am wondering about how comfortable it really is --

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_249.htm-

Photos show only one tiny end table in the bedroom, and a very fancy but not new looking sofa in the living room. At my advanced age, I'd be willing to treat myself, but have learned to look carefully at the photos before doing so. I know VIP is a very well thought of agency, so I trust their photos to be representative, and the apartment otherwise looks lovely.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent experience with St André des Arts rental 24752?

We haven't stayed there, but this was an apartment that was in my final two (the one in your original post). I think it's lovely.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent experience with St André des Arts rental 24752?

The specific address looks to be on cour du commerce saint-andre, which is a short, narrow passageway that leads diagonally from Bl St Germain to rue Saint-Andre des Arts/Rue Buci. There are some small shops along the passageway ( a little toy store, a tea salon, things like that), and there's the back door of a famous old restaurant, Le Procope. Very convenient (central), very fun and picturesque area. BUT definitely noisy day and night. Bl St Germain is noisy, rue Saint Andre is noisy, rue Buci is noisy, etc. Most of it is "good" noise, meaning people are out til late having a good time. So if you plan to be part of that, the location is great. If you're trying to get to sleep much before 1am, then not so great. I say this because I have stayed in the area several times, on rue Buci. Obviously the area suited me, but the last time we were there my husband was kept awake--and it was getting close to 2 (but I think it was Saturday night).

Edited: 18 March 2011, 16:49
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent experience with St André des Arts rental 24752?

Thanks, yes, I am beginning to think the specific area may be just a little too noisy for me. And I can't figure out how the apartment could have a view, which was one of my questions to the owner/agency, but I haven't heard back.

5. Re: Recent experience with St André des Arts rental 24752?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:17