We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on Eurostar ticket.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Question on Eurostar ticket.

Hi, I just bought the Eurostar standard ticket from Paris to London for this summer. As it was hectic when I was doing the booking, I neglected to choose the seats I wanted. I was given coach 17 and I just learned that it’s at the end. Besides, I need a seat that facing the journey direction so I won’t get nauseated. Can I still change the seats via the ‘manage my booking’ portal. Do I need to pay extra charges for it?

I probably have around 5 or 6 hours in Paris before boarding for the late evening’s Eurostar. Any recommended nearby place to pass our time there?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on Eurostar ticket.

>> I was given coach 17 and I just learned that it’s at the end.<<

Unless you want to bolt out of the station to get a cab,does it matter? You are going to have to walk along the platform at some time as part of this journey.

Personally, I prefer being in a carriage further away from the station as I get a chance to stretch my legs.

>> Can I still change the seats via the ‘manage my booking’ portal. <<

If you created an account on Eurostar, then yes, you can. I would assume you can even with the ref number. Just try it.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on Eurostar ticket.

<<I probably have around 5 or 6 hours in Paris before boarding for the late evening’s Eurostar. Any recommended nearby place to pass our time there?>>

I like the Montmartre at night - you get a different view of the city with all the lights on (you can only see the Eiffel Tower from one point though), the Sacre Coeur is nice at night, and the area is active and interesting to hang out. I also like a stroll down from the hill and even the Pigalle area, although that's not everybody's cup of tea.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on Eurostar ticket.

Mez3000, yes, I do want to bolt once I reach the station because I'll reach London at nearly 10pm and surely would be dead tired by that time. All we want to do will be getting to our hotel soon. I managed to get my seats changed. I had changed them to coach 5, near to the cafe. :)

dan2001, thanks for your suggestion. How far is Montmarte and Scare Coeur from Gare Du Nord?

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on Eurostar ticket.

Montmartre is not far away, maybe about 20 minute walk, then another 20 minutes up the hill, you can also take the metro from Gare du Nord to Anvers, that will drop you off right at the bottom of the hill from Sacre Coeur. Great place to see at night, gives you a great view of the Eiffel Tower as well.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on Eurostar ticket.

Gosh.. I had been busy planning the itinerary that I forgot this post. Sorry. Thank you SuzanneEdmont, I would check out Montmarte on my first day then.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on Eurostar ticket.

If, as mentioned in your previous inquiries, you'll have only 5-6 hours in Paris and need to store and collect bags, you'll have to plan your time carefully and allow plenty of time for both.

The farthest car does not consume signifcantly much more time or walking in either station.

7. Re: Question on Eurostar ticket.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 07:18