We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

ok ultimatley all roads lead to Rome where I depart by plane--- haha! ;). So what is the best budget friendly way to get From Paris ---Florence ( I plan on buying a mini train pass to get to Rome and then leave from there. Please advise (train or plane) -and how long it takes for both??? Thanks..

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

One last question. When I book a mini ticket from Train Itallia wil then give other times or am I subject to their particular tme. For example I hae a relly cheap fair, but its only for one time.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

Ok Im confused on what to do. to keep this budget friendly Ihave two diffrent prices.

Rail Europe has ticket from Paris to Florence for 88 euros. to be printed up at departing station (Paris) BELOW is what it says : on web

Then TGV has prices of 74 eurios w/ the following said::: DEPART : Ticket can be exchanged once before departure with a 50% service fee.Ticket may be refunded prior to departure. A 50% refund fee will be charged. Ticket not refunded after departure. Conditions tarifaires : Tarif normal Adulte : Ticket cannot be exchanged.Ticket may be refunded prior to departure. A 20% refund fee will be charged.

Below from websight

then 99 Euros

STANDARD : Ticket can be exchanged up to 3 times before departure.Ticket can be exchanged and refund before departure without charge. Exchanged or refund with 50% charge after departure.

So as you can see Im confused: and I don't know if I should take a recliner chair or birth cochette women only 3 per cabin. Please advise.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

Ok Im confused I got on the Rail europe websight .. It will cost 88 eros to go fro Paris to Florence. However on TGV is cost either 77 euros and 98 or 99 euros. Don't know which rail is best.

Also i don't understand the comments below w/ the tickets

.99 eurios STANDARD : Ticket can be exchanged up to 3 times before departure.Ticket can be exchanged and refund before departure without charge. Exchanged or refund with 50% charge after departure.

So I don't get which one is more of an advantage ---- **people have told me rail europe is not the best option.. Why or why not????

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

Rail Europe is not a train company - they resell train tickets (most often) at a higher price than you can buy them directly from the train company.

There are tickets available for as low as 35 Euro on the TGV site but of course that depends on your departure date.

There are thousands of posts about Rail Europe on the Train Travel forum.

99Euro STANDARD ticket means that if you change your mind about which train you want to catch you can change your train ticket up to 3 times - obviously for people who really don't know what they want to do! :-) If you miss the train you can still change the ticket to a later train for 50% charge.

The 35 Euro ticket I mentioned above is non exchangable and non returnable so if you don't catch the train you lose your 35 Euro.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

Thanks for the information.. I saw the 99 Euro one. I know what time I want to leave FOR SURE. So my question is where can I find the ticket for 36 Euros at? thats better for me price wise. (is there an area on the TGV websight I have to go to get that rate??

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

As HarleyB suggests the availability of the cheap (€35) fare depends on (1) your travel date and (2) how early you book. We do not know what date you are travelling so cannot check for you. Tickets at these deeply discounted fares are limited in number and once they are all sold you will automatically have to buy a more expensive ticket. If you know for sure when you will be travelling just buy the least expensive ticket available on the tgv-europe.com site for that date.

As a rule you would be able to fly to Pisa with easyJet for considerably less than €77 but again the fares will increase the closer you are to your travel date an in particular on certain very popular and busy dates.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

Thanks for the info. My dates r for may 6. The ticket available is 99 euros. Flying seems cheaper but after a plane ticket + train ticket from piza to Florence + bag fee = out to the 99 euros anyway I would think ?? unless I'm off about that??? U tell me?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

Thanks for the info. My dates r for may 6. The ticket available is 99 euros. Flying seems cheaper but after a plane ticket + train ticket from piza to Florence + bag fee = out to the 99 euros anyway I would think ?? unless I'm off about that??? U tell me?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

99€ plus any berth costs look like the cheapest fare on the 6th (there is 55€ available on the 5th). You will need to compare with the flight costs, plus baggage, costs to get to and from airports etc. - plus the cost of a hotel as the train runs overnight.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: How to get from Paris to Florence on a budget....

Since you are travelling relatively soon and on what happens to be a holiday weekend in France I doubt you will find less expensive fares on easyJet once you take all the add-ons into account. The €99 fare on the night train should include all berth and reservation fees.

If you are certain of your travel date I would book ASAP. Fares will certainly not get lower if you wait.