We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Narragansett RI
Level Contributor
143 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Can anyone inform me if elevator at RER station St Michel to Latin Quarter is functioning? Plan on taking RER from CDG to get to Hotel Suez on Blvd St Michel. Merci d'avance.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
572 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.40*
Florida
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

May I tag on to ask a related question, Chairman2? I'm planning to take the RER to St Michel, but my hotel is actually closer to the cluny-sorbonne metro. I take it there's a connecting walkway between the two? Is this the best way with a wheeled carry-on or should I go out at St Michel and do it at street level? (I'm staying at the Diana.)

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Sorry I am not in Paris now to check things out for you, Chairman 2, but you are wise to ask since the elevator is an on-again off-again arrangement.

Harping, the elevator will take you up to rue Xavier Privas (take Sortie 6 from RER St-Michel stop). From there it is a short walk to the Diana. I am not sure there is an escalator at the Cluny-Sorbonne and it's not worth the transfer from RER to the metro because your walk will be quite short.

Narragansett RI
Level Contributor
143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

I will be arriving in 3 weeks and did some research on this 2 months ago and was told the elevator was being repaired .. hopefully someone will forward current conditions.

Florida
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

>was told the elevator was being repaired

FWIW, I'd heard this, too, but from a not totally up to date source.

Thanks, nutsabouttravel. My main concern was being a nuisance going bucketa-bucketa down the street at a busy time of day.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Harping, don't worry about being a nuisance. No one will even notice you with your luggage on wheels. However, there are cobblestoned streets in the area so, here's how to avoid them:

When you reach the street level in the elevator, turn right and you will be facing the Seine. Go right on the Quai St-Michel and you will very soon pass a tiny street. The street after is the rue St-Jacques; turn right there and walk up past the Bd. St-Germain to the Hotel, which will be on your left.

If the elevator is not functioning, exit from Sortie 5 -- there is an escalator all the way up to the street with NO stairs at all. You will come up on rue de la Cite which changes to the rue St-Jacques once you cross the Seine.

VERY EASY!

Florida
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Thanks again, nutsabouttravel. Like Chairman2, I'd still like to hear from someone who knows the current state of the elvator, although I realize that by the time I get there it may be broke/fixed again.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Is the elevator at the St. Michel RER station working?

Mannythek

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Yes, it was working today at about 6 pm.

If you go to this website: www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php… and click on the name of the station 'St Michel Notre-Dame', a little window opens; click on the fourth icon (a "i" in a circle) and you'll have almost hourly updates of the situation concerning this station - look down under the tab 'easy access', green color meaning that the elevator is in working order.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris RER St Michel with luggage

Yes it's working now.