We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Hi All, does anyone know if the fashion shows are still running on Fridays?

Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Possibly.

…galerieslafayette.com/international/…

But I have sent two emails to them (in february, and again about 5 minutes ago) seeking to make reservations. As yet, no response to the first email.

I too would appreciate it if someone with local knowledge is able to give an update.

Merci

Susannah

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

I just went to the Galeries Lafayette show two weeks ago. When I didn't get a response to my email, I called and they said that they don't accept reservations until they have a phone number for you in Paris. I think that they prefer to take telephone reservations.

Here's the link for more info about the fashion show:

…galerieslafayette.com/international/…

I just started a blog about things to do in Paris and hope to write a post with more info about the Fashion Show soon. Here's a link for the blog:

http://outandaboutinparis.blogspot.com/

A few tips: get there 15 minutes before the show starts, but don't worry about being at the front of the line because the seating is open and they put you in random seats. Don't worry if you're in a seat near the wall because the models come down the runway and make a turn on both sides.

Hope this helps!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

As promised, I wrote a quick blog entry about the fashion show. There are some pictures and a bit more information. Have fun!

Don't miss the view of the city from the 8th floor terrace at Galeries Lafayette.

Here's the link:

…blogspot.com/2011/04/fashion-show-at-galeri…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

I took my daughters in November 2010 and it was great. I had emailed a few months before for tickets, and receiving no response after a few weeks, called them. They took the resevation over the phone and then emailed me a confirmation. There was no requirement to provide a Paris phone number when I did it.

Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Thanks for the posts, Lakesidegang and Sojoh!

I'll give them a call!

As I will be travelling with my 22 year old daughter, who is a keen follower of style, a visit to the fashion show is really very high on the agenda (followed by a must do visit to the Musee d'Orsay - her favourite!)

now all I need to do is remind myself of the time differences....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Thanks for the info guys.

Going to paris this weekend so I'll try calling them tonight my time.

Cheers

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Exump18 - Have a fantastic time in Paris. The weather is absolutely beautiful right now!

Susannah_m - Since your daughter is interested in fashion, you may want to do one of the Paris walks that focuses on fashion. I don't know when you'll be in Paris, but they're offering two different walks in April. The one on April 12, "The Paris Fashion Walk" will focus on famous designers and vintage and second hand designer shops. The one on April 26, "Chanel and the rue St. Honoré Paris Fashion Walk will be about Chanel and Hermes. I'm signed up to do the walk on April 12 and will be blogging about it after the walk. If you want more info, keep an eye on my blog:

http://outandaboutinparis.blogspot.com/

Here's the link for Paris Walks: http://www.paris-walks.com/

You need to register in advance for the fashion walks.

And another desination that might interest your daughter is the hat maker. It's near the Louvre and the hats are works of art. I went yesterday and there will be a blog post about it tomorrow.

Have a wonderful trip!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Here's the link for my blog post about my visit to the hat maker.

…blogspot.com/2011/04/i-need-hat-visit-to-mi…

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Hi there! I just called the number that trip advisor has for the Galeries Lafayette department store and made a reservation for the 24 June fashion show. They were lovely and super helpful!! The switchboard operator did not speak English, but enough to understand "fashion show reservation" and she transferred me straight away. I've already received my email confirmation! +33 1 42 82 34 56 Is the phone number (I too emailed about a week ago and no response). So excited!!! :):)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Galeries Lafayette fashion shows

Had a great time in Paris. The fashion show was fun.

I even bought one of the Ralph Lauren shirts that one of the models was wearing. The people in the Ralph Lauren store were impressed!

The show wasn't full the day we were there. Everyone was taking photos and there was no problems with that.

Spent the entire afternoon in galeries lafayette. They had the best shoe floor on the planet. ( or so my wife said !)

The champagne bar was also a nice place to sit and look at the roof dome while sipping bubbly.

As everyone has said, just call over the phone to make the reservations.

You get straight through and they are lovely to talk to.

I started by speaking French, but as soon as they heard the accent, they replied in English.

I didn't have any email confirmation but the lady on the door has a list with everyones name on it and how many tickets you reserved.

So don't panic if you see everyone else lined up with "tickets". You don't need them.

Cheers