We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FeelParis

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
FeelParis

I'm thinking about booking a trip through FeelParis and I'm concerned it may be a scam. They take a booking fee through credit card and then they want you to wire a deposit...then they want the money in cash....What's the deal??? Is it a scam? Can anyone contact me and let me know what they think? Thanks!

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FeelParis

It sounds as though the booking fee is the fee the agency keeps for being a go between the client and the apartment owner. Per their website the down payment is paid either by credit card or wire transfer depending on the apartment's cost. Perhaps the amount in cash is the balance due that must be paid when the guest arrives in Paris. A security deposit is also due upon arrival; it may be paid with cash, credit card, travelers cheque. Almost all agencies operate this way so I think they're legitimate.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FeelParis

There have been many postings about FeelParis, some good some bad. Put the word FEELPARIS in the green search box above and read all about it. Here's one to get you started:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k28712…

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FeelParis

This post is to warn others who are considering using feelparis.com for booking an apartment in Paris.

I tried to use the service and they very happily took my booking fee of 140 euro and provided an email address for the apartment owner to contact me to arrange for me to pay the 450 euro deposit they required. Neither the owner nor feelparis will respond to any of my emails and now that I've heard nothing from them for several weeks I am certain I have lost my money. It could have been worse they could have taken my deposit too.

This problem isn't a consistent one. A good friend has used them twice without any issues however a search of the net shows I am not alone in losing my booking fee. buyer beware!

Have now booked with a small hotel that rated very highly with tripadvisor so very much looking forward to my visit to Paris.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FeelParis

Hi there

If you get stuck I've booked terrific aparmtents using the homelidays website.

Kind Regards

Merran

Barcelona
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: FeelParis

Dear Helen,

I am from the Customer Care Department of Feelparis.

First, thank you for taking the time to post a comment on this forum and let us know about your misunderstanding.

I contacted the Booking Team and they told me they were in contact with you. In fact, the Booking Agent answered your e-mail and took immediately contact with the owner, in order to give you more information.

The owner had already booked the apartment and he will take contact with you as soon as possible.

I wish you a wonderful stay in Paris!

Best regards,

Feelparis.

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: FeelParis

A very happy update re feel paris.

All has worked out well and both the FeelParis staff and the owner have been very very helpful. The apartment owner is lovely and I am very much looking forward to arriving in Paris.

Sometimes when you live in a very fast paced world it can be difficult to remember that not everyone operates on the same timetable. When booking with FeelParis it may take a little while for them to respond however there isn't anything sinister going on, quite the contrary, take a breath, be patient and have a wonderful holiday.

best wishes, happy travels

Helen

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: FeelParis

and by the way I did do the original HelenO post only I couldn't remember which 'on screen' name I used with my original post.

I'll update this post after my holiday to let you know how I get on with the apartment. If it's anything like the people I've been dealing with then I'm sure I'll be very happy.

ciao

Helen

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FeelParis

I am glad it seems things worked out for you Helen and hope you have a wonderful trip.

However, not hearing anything or having emails not answered "for several weeks" in the apartment rental world is not acceptable, as the apartment rental world IS fast moving, when people want to get their holidays booked and may be considering several alternatives.

If they are reluctant or slow to respond in this situation, when they are getting business just think how they would respond to a problem or complaint.

Furthermore 140 euro is a heavy price to pay for an agency which only seems to forward an email address.

There are much better and cheaper ways to rent apartments in Paris where you do not pay an agency fee. Homelidays, VRBO, Homeaway, Vacations in Paris, Paris perfect, Perfectly Paris, Paris Guest apartments and Paris Best Lodge, to name a few.

Denise

Love from England

9. Re: FeelParis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 03:35
kle
Boston
Level Contributor
749 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FeelParis

Lindsay and Helen,

Which apartments did you rent? I am considering the Beaubourg 2 and Marais Chapon 3 but was wondering about noise at night in the bedrooms. Any thoughts? I am glad things worked out with Feelparis as I really like their prices and selection of apartments.

Best,

Kathy