We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year 2012

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Year 2012

I am coming to paris for new year with my boyfriend, we are staying in Trocadero and want to be at the Eiffel Tower for midnight but we are looking for somewhere to have a nice meal and a few drinks before hand.

any suggestions for a close location wiht good food and a good atmosphere?

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$74.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
726 Reviews
from US$48.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$103.40*
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year 2012

Hiya, I am also planning the same..my husband and I are spending new years in Paris! I'm so so excited we love Paris. I am trying to gauge the best thing to do in terms of best restaurants/bars to go to and we were thinking to go to a club after the New Year is in but its very challenging to find anything! If I do, I shall post in here!

G

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year 2012

thank you for your help! we are looking for a nice casual restaurant and bars to go to but it is very hard to find anything!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year 2012

My significant and I will be staying in Paris and we too are looking for something to do on New Years Eve. From browsing, it seems everything will be packed that night and the streets overflowing, especially Champs Elysees after 9pm, so I'm assuming we'll have to get out early. Perhaps someone will post some suggestions in the coming month(s).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year 2012

We were there last year for NYE and had similar plans. Didn't quite work out.

Everything is packed and restaurants can be very expensive on NYE. It was very cold so any thoughts of sitting on the grass near the Eiffel Tower were soon forgotten. Everybody advised us to be very careful as Paris is not a safe place on NYE.

We finished up in a small restaurant near where we were staying. We were home by 11:30pm and watched the New year come in on TV.

We had also expected fireworks at the Eiffel Tower but they only happen apparently on 'special' New Years.

Good luck.

oc
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year 2012

What is the place to be on New Years Eve? Champs Elysees or Eifel Tour?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year 2012

I was in Paris for New Years 2009 with my boyfriend and will be again this year, but with my sister since my bf is deployed.

In 2009, we had a nice dinner at Le Jardin D'ivy on rue Mouffetard (the food was excellent and a set price for the evening), went back to the hotel to change into warm clothes then at about 11pm headed out on the metro to get to the Eiffel Tower. The metro was SO overpacked. It actually broke down. So we got off and started walking towards the Eiffel Tower. We didn't get too close before it was almost midnight, so we stopped on a bridge near Place de la Concorde and had a perfect view of the tower lighting up at midnight. As others have said, there are no fireworks. Just the normal lighting of the tower at midnight. I plan to do the same this year - well, minus the whole rushing after the metro broke. Lol

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year 2012

Oh and I forgot to add that the metro is extremely packed just after midnight as well. In 2009, we waited and waited and after many trains coming past being full, we decided to walk back to our hotel in the Marais after midnight. This time I tried to get a closer hotel (we'll be near Notre Dame), so the cold walk hopefully won't be as long even though it'll be about the same distance.

Edited: 05 October 2011, 19:15
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year 2012

tripadvisor.com/…36298240

:-)

9. Re: New Year 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 October 2011, 20:05
10. Re: New Year 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 October 2011, 20:05