We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

I had a drink last night at this Bistro. The waiter was lively, friendly, the food looked wonderful but alas, I left my iPad there. This morning I came back and a friendly employee handed me back my iPad upon my inquiry. I speak no French but they were so kind and refused a reward. I love this little bistro and their honesty. It is a clean and well run place. Merci!

Edited: 15 April 2011, 07:48
Indiana
Level Contributor
390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

Just got put on my list of places to visit next year. :)

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

This is a wonderful counter-post to all the scam artist warnings that get dozens of replies. Thanks for providing a nice balance. Have a great time in Paris.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

We were just in Paris and had one of our best dinners at this lovely bistro. The attraction was cassoulet on the day's menu...something I love, and this lived up to my hopes. It was fabulous, very authentic. We nearly went back a second evening, and the only thing that kept us from it was just the thought that with so few days in Paris we should try something different. This was one of our two best meals there!

Definitely recommend!!

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

location?

cheers

jim

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

Yes, it would be nice if you could give the exact name as there are several "bistros" on rue Rambuteau and they do deserve some publicity.

Just a personal thought: if you're still in Paris, bring a box of chocolates (or whatever) for the staff; if you're not in Paris anymore, send something from home. As an 'old-fashioned Parisian', I've been taught by my parents to reward people who find your belongings by about 10% of the value of the lost and found item. I think it's fair and it encourages honesty.

6. Re: La Rambuteau Bistrot near Pompidou Center - Thank You.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:17