We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

I will arrive this summer at the Gare du Nord and am staying at a hotel in the 6th near Odeon Metro. The hotel can arrange for taxi pickup at a cost of 110 Euros (there are 5 of us). Can I get a taxi for less by catching my own taxi at the train station, or possibly by booking with a taxi company directly? This seems pretty high. I would take the RER but with bags and kids a taxi seems less stressful.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

Even if you need to take two taxis, I cannot imagine that it would be anywhere near 110E.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,713 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

A minivan taxi should fit you all. Even with the charges for extra passengers and bags I can't see it being more than 40 euros max. Tell the hotel no thanks and follow signs to the taxi rank at the station. Take only a cab with a "Taxi Parisien" on the roof.

Edited: 20 April 2011, 23:43
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,713 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

A minivan taxi should fit you all. even with the charges for extra passengers and bags I can't see it being more than 40 euros max. Tell the hotel no thanks and follow signs to the taxi rank at the station. Take only a cab with a "Taxi Parisien" on the roof.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,299 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

you could take two taxis from CDG for this amount -- and one would do -- the cab dispatcher at the taxi rank at Nord should be able to match you with an appropriate van cab -- they charge for bags over 1 and for the 4th and 5th passenger -- it is still going to be far less than 110

you could get two taxis and come in under that -- I'd be surprised if it were more than 15 E on the meter plus bags --maybe 20 on a slow day

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

That sounds like half for the hotel and half for the transportation. Get a taxi from the rank outside the station. If you can't get a van, take 2 taxis and you will be still way ahead. As others have said, only Taxi Parisien on the roof.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

My cab from my hotel in the 6th - very close to Odéon metro - to Gare du Nord was about €12.

So even if you need two cabs €110 seems more than excessive!!!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
206 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

we stayed near the odeon on sunday nite.

in the AM, we took a 5 minute walk to the subway ( across from the jardins) and caught the B train...direct and we were there in less than 5 minutes. cost us less that $5 for both of us. parisbytrain.com/files/2008/06/metro.pdf ( blue line)

BUT, make sure you buy a tkt ahead of time, cuz that metro station only takes french credit cards ( my hubby went to the station the nite before and a man got him the tix w/ his credit card, and my hubby gave him the euros)

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

Thanks everyone! This is super helpful info and should save us euros that we can use elsewhere!

9. Re: Cost of Taxi from Gare du Nord to 6th arr.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 20:15