We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Paris right now!

laguna hills
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
In Paris right now!

Tgf weather is great 75F about 26C, and it looks like of will be like that the next few days, so pack light clothes :-) I will write a report once I get back , but just wanted to share that There is a LOT of people at the sites, so plan accordingly and leave time for adjust your itinerary.

Just got back from dinner at hidden kitchen... Omg it was great !

Sydney
Level Contributor
208 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Paris right now!

Lucky you. Glad you have a great dinner at HK. I try to book on their website for our upcoming trip in June but their next available dates are in Sept!!! Perhaps I should go on their wait list. They have no price list on their website either. Did you get info on their price once they have confirmed your booking?

Have fun.

OZMIK

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,900 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Paris right now!

Thanks for posting. Kids are on their spring vacation so that always contributes to sites being more crowded. …gouv.fr/pid25058/le-calendrier-scolaire.html

Which museums had big lines?

laguna hills
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Paris right now!

@OZMIK: you should try the waiting list, there were 2 couples that got in because some last minute cancellations. Once they confirm the reservation you get an email with all the details. They change the menu according to what is available in the markets, so the price I guess could vary, this time was 90euros each, for 10 courses, 7 of them paired with wine+ Cafe and mignardises.

laguna hills
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Paris right now!

@OZMIK: you should try the waiting list, there were 2 couples that got in because some last minute cancellations. Once they confirm the reservation you get an email with all the details. They change the menu according to what is available in the markets, so the price I guess could vary, this time was 90euros each, for 10 courses, 7 of them paired with wine+ Cafe and mignardises.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Paris right now!

There's rain forecast for Sunday and Monday, with cooler temperatures this week.

laguna hills
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In Paris right now!

@Inna: we had reservation for the Eiffel tower @ 9:30pm and still had to wait an hour to go up, and another hour to go down! The lines to go up (without reservatio) were very long, I'd say at least 2hrs. Same for the notre dame towers.

Rancho Mirage...
Level Contributor
411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In Paris right now!

Bonjour,

Sound like you are one serious Foodie in this culinary heaven. We will be visiting in October for my husband's 60th bday. Don't want to waste lots of $$$ on "old named places". We prefer to go to where the locals go for great food/service (matter of relativity) and ambience. Would you mind sharing some of your favorites? We will be staying in the Marais area.

Merci.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,900 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Paris right now!

Monpetitcadeau, thanks. We arrive Monday.

Naples
Level Contributor
295 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In Paris right now!

Glad to hear you loved the Hidden Kitchen. We are thrilled to have gotten a reservation for September. FYI, I contacted them months ago (I think it was February) for a September reservation so anyone interested should be in touch with HK as early as possible.

There have been other posts about cancellations so take monpetitcadeaux's advice ~ don't give up! (On the other hand, I have no intention of cancelling!! LOL)

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,900 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In Paris right now!

I've been making reservations and buying tickets this week :

FNAC website wouldn't let me get tickets for the Manet exhibit (at Orsay Museum) even when they were available still for our dates... but there are now none left. So, I bought tics through Ticketnet.fr and, since there are less than 7 days left, we'll need to pick them up at one of the many "Virgin" stores in Paris.

Also pre-purchased tics for Jacquemart-André Museum for May 1st (a national holiday), which will be a very busy day for them, because almost all other museums and many other attractions are closed that day.