We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noctillen n143 question

Seattle
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Noctillen n143 question

Hello

I am in Paris and have an early flight and was planning on taking the n143 noctillen bus but at the stop it said that "Suit a un mouvement social d'une partie du personnel, le trafic risque d'etre perturbe du 2 au 9 Mai sur". So I guess this means they are striking on this route or something and it is cancelled right? There is the N140 which is the other other Noctillen to CDG, but will this line be affected the striking as well? I would hate to be stranded but I guess I can grab a taxi if it gets down to it.

Thanks to any Parisians who can clarify.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,979 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noctillen n143 question

It is a strike or at a minimum, expect a reduced service schedule.

I should not plan on one of the Noctillen buses anyway as unless you are within a short walk of the departure point (or a stopping point), trying to connect to one of these can be very time consuming. Even the bus itself can take a while to reach your departure terminal.

This really is the time for a taxi. Call the day before to arrange pickup:

www.taxig7.com

English speaking operator 01 41 27 66 99

Seattle
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noctillen n143 question

I am a 5 minute walk from Nord de l'est which is where the night buses come from.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noctillen n143 question

What about taking the metro? no traffic problems with them.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,979 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noctillen n143 question

<<What about taking the metro?>>

Not really a solution as the métro does not go to the airport and neither it nor the RER operate all night or early in the morning when budthechud needs transportation.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noctillen n143 question

Thanks! I generally think RER and metro are the same... I know they aren't when I think about it. Didn't realize the hour situation though.

Thank you for correcting that.

6. Re: Noctillen n143 question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:18