We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

I want to view the Eiffel Tower lights from a distance with an unobstructed view rather than standing close to it. Any suggestions? I will be staying in the Saint Germain area. I would rather not travel too far.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

You'll have LOADS of places to see it -- from the Trocadero is probably the best.

I can see it from the next hill over in my town -- and I'm not far from Disney.

San Diego
Level Contributor
787 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

The Champs du Mars in front of the Ecole Militaire (the school, not the metro stop - which is close by) but the Trocadero is just as good, maybe better if the fountains are running....

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

From the top of the Arc de Triomphe is great!

London & Paris
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

I agree, École Militaire/Champ de Mars or Trocadéro. If you try to view it from further away, such as the Saint-Germain area, you won't have an unobstructed view of the lower part of the tower. (My avatar is part of a photo of the whole tower that I took from the terrace near Trocadéro Métro station.)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

You've already gotten lots of good suggestions, but I also like the view of the Eiffel Tower, the Seine, and the Statue of Liberty from Pont Mirabeau, especially if you want to get some good photos.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,957 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

You can only see about the top half, but on a nice evening it seems that half of Paris is on the Pont des Arts, a nice pedestrian bridge one over fro the Pont Neuf, waiting for the lights to start to twinkle on the hour. We usually take a 1/2 bottle of champagne and almost eveeryone else is sipping something, but occassionally the Police will walk along and ask you to leave if you have alcohol.

Pjk

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

I'm a solid believer that the best way to see the lights of the Eiffel tower is from the Palais de Chaillot at night.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27699912@N08/

Contrary to popular dogma, it isn't always a zoo there. After the tour buses leave around 20h00, it's quite calm and uncrowded.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

Trocadero and Sacre Coure

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
810 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

We would walk over each night to the end of the Champ du Mars at the Ecole Militaire. Great view and you can get the whole tower in your viewfinder. If you're not staying in the area the Ecole Militaire metro stop is about 100 yds aaway.

north jersey
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to view the Eiffel Tower at Night?

Grafx, I had the same thoughts and had followed the advice of one of the TA members. We just got back from Paris last Friday. That was not our first trip. For our ET experience, we took took the zmetro to the Trocadero stop- everybody got off the Tour Eiffel stop, butwe stayed on as advised. When we emerge from the Metro stairs, walked to the corner and saw the beautiful tower with the lights. It was in full view, amazing site. The Plaza was full of people, festive and fun, waiting for the twinkling lights to come on. Ahhs and Ohhs can be heard when it did.

Thanks to tripadvisor, we had a great time.