We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar to London

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eurostar to London

Hi,

I will be traveling from Paris to London via Eurostar in mid-September with my wife and son. I notice that there are three categories of seats (economy, comfort and premier). I find the cost of the premier seats a bit expensive, so my choice will be between the economy and comfort. Can anyone tell me what is the difference in accommodations between the economy and the comfort? Also, how soon in advance is it recommended that I purchase the tickets? How is the luggage handled? Any other useful information will be appreciated.

Petrico

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,991 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar to London

Can´t help with the economy - comfort question. Book 4 months in advance for best pricing. You personally will handle the luggage.

www.eurostar.com

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar to London

I took the Eurostar to London last year and booked economy tickets and the seats are quite comfortable. I'll be doing the same again this year and booked my tickets this morning for the start of September. Tickets are released 120 days in advance.

I think the differences between the two seat clasess is that with economy you don't have reclining seats, complimentary magazines, or a small meal/drink served to you. And to be honest, I personally can't justify paying the extra dollars for those extras. But, of course, that's a personal choice.

Hope you and your family have a great time in September !

3. Re: Eurostar to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 19:14
provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar to London

We have done both basic and the upgrade seats and personally I would book the basic seats again as the upgrade was just not worth it.

Depending on the time of day we also took a picnic onto the train with us.

Belfast
Level Contributor
476 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurostar to London

I booked from London to Paris in July and because I booked early the Standard premier were actually cheaper than the Standard for the time of day I was travelling (crazy but true). Standard Premier just includes a light meal and a glass of beer or wine. Otherwise I would be more than happy with standard which at certain times of the day is much cheaper.

Just keep an eye on the website 120 dayss before you travel.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar to London

with a trip duration of 2-1/2 hours it would have to be *very* uncomfortable to be worth that much extra money for that short a time.

Long Island
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar to London

Hi,

Thanks for all your responses. It would seem that the economy class would be fine for me, especially since it is only a two and a half hour trip. I really appreciate all the information.

Petrico

8. Re: Eurostar to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:18