We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

I know we will be staying out of the usual tourist areas; however, a stay at the Marriott Rive Gauche is appealing to us.

We would also appreciate any suggestions in neighboring arrondisements as well; bus or taxi can work. Thanks, in advance, for your suggestions.

California
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

I haven't dined here yet, but I've read good things about Chez Gladines at 30 rue des Cinq Diamants in the 13th, just a short distance from your hotel.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

No personal experience, but I've read that Josselin is suppsed to have the best crepes in Paris!

67, rue Montparnasse ( at boul Edgar Quintet)

Keep in mind it's cash only.

Enjoy!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

Just do an exploration around Place Denfert Rochereau (where the RER stations opens out and the Lion of Belfort stands guard)... There are restaurants, cafes, grocery stores, etc around the Place and rue Daguerre, along ave du Gen Leclerc, also the other direction from Marriott front door, down blvd St Jacques...

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

La Cagouille on Place Constantin Brancusi is IMO one of the best value seafood restaurants in Paris. Note I said "best value" not cheap but it isn't wildly expensive either.

We had a wonderful Sunday lunch en famille at l'Assiette on rue du Château but it was a few years back and I think recent reviews have been less enthusiastic so check first.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

In the 8th e. - need your restaurant/bistro recommendations for great, low-key French food, seafood, bread, wine. Would like to walk from Hotel des Champs Elysees.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

hi, you need to start your own thread as this one is titled "recommendations in the 14th arr" not the 8th....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

Thanks - I thought I had! Just started a new thread now.

8. Re: Seeking restaurant recommendations in the 14th arrondisement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 22:16