We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Audio Guides at Versailles

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
Audio Guides at Versailles

I've used audio guides at various locations traveling and sometimes found them difficult because of lack of clarity. Has anyone had difficulty with the ones utilized at Versailles?

California
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Audio Guides at Versailles

They've worked just fine for me. Sometimes it's difficult to hear above the dull roar of the crowds, but the audio guide itself worked fine. If you have difficulty with it, go back to the desk and kindly request another one.

Croatia
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Audio Guides at Versailles

Taking the opportunity to ask here - how long does it take to tour the palace (inside) with audioguide?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,063 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Audio Guides at Versailles

How long do you want it to take?

The audio guide is self-controlled -- so you hit a button when you're standing in front of the corresponding number.

You can skip things you have no interest in, and some things have additional information that you can access.

I'd allow at least 90 minutes to 2 hours at minimum.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Audio Guides at Versailles

If you can, go on the weekend to see the fountains in action. Sat and Sunday at 3:30 - 5 pm

5. Re: Audio Guides at Versailles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 00:18