We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Louvre Tickets online

Level Contributor
36 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Louvre Tickets online

There are 3 ticket outlet options when ordering tickets at the Louvre website: Ticketweb; FNAC and Ticketnet. Ticketweb gives an option to have tickets delivered to my home but since we are leaving in 10 days this may not be a good option. FNAC requires tickets be picked up at FNAC outlets (?). Ticketnet initially states tickets can be printed at home but payment page only gives one option which is express home delivery for 25 Euros.

Can anyone advice how I can purchase tickets to Louvre online? Also are tickets specific to a day and time? That option didn't show at any of these options.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
504 Reviews
from US$72.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,186 Reviews
from US$109.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
791 Reviews
from US$124.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
630 Reviews
from US$74.00*
95 replies to this topic
Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

I was just about to buy tickets online. Thanks for the post. I will go and buy there. To those who posted this July, Is there any reason to be there early?? I'm getting in at 930 and will head straight to Louvre.

san antonio
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

We got there at about 11 on a Monday and the wait for security at the Carousel was about 10 minutes, same for the ticket machines on the other side. Really not worth buying in advance. For the Orsay we went to the Orangerie first and bought the combo ticket, no real line at either.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 14:47
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

Thanks everyone for your help, heading off in 7 days, and find this site full of great useful advise like this. No doubt I'll have some on my return.

What did we do before the internet???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

We walked to the closest FNAC upon our arrival. We purchase entrance tix to Louvre and D'Orsay. Glad we did! We arrived at the Louvre at Noon via the Carousel entrance. no line for security, but the lines for tickets was huge! We never waited more than 1 minute. D'Orsay was packed as well, but our entrance was on,y about a 5 minute wait.@ 10:45.

We were happy we bought at FNAC in Paris

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

Tanya, did u buy the tkts for that day or for another day? I arrive on Monday and wonder if its worth heading to get tkts for things then for the rest of the time we are there?

Little Rock
Level Contributor
624 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

There is no need to buy tickets in advance. I bought my Museum Pass at Notre Dame, on the day we climbed to the top.

I also bought a pass at the Pantheon, no line whatsoever. You can buy the Museum Pass at the museums, pick one that won't have much of a line and its much quicker and less expensive than to have the Pass shipped to your house.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

There really isn't much of a line to buy tickets to the Louvre. The lines most people refer to are those for security and you have to go through that line regardless of whether you already have your ticket or a pass in hand.

The museum pass itself is available in a variety of locations: at the museums that accept it, as well as most tourist offices and train stations. You can even pick it up at the airport.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

Lovely thanks

19. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 16:35
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,569 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Buying Louvre Tickets online

thanks for that ad for a ticket seller

Reply to: Buying Louvre Tickets online
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted