We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advise for first timers !

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel advise for first timers !

Hi everyone,

Have just booked flights and am soooo excited as have wanted to go to Paris for such a long time. Arrive to Paris Beauvais at 9a.m Sat 18th June and depart 8p.m Mon 20th. Considering our short time and limited budget I would really appreciate peoples advise/suggestions/comments on these two hotels - Abotel transcontinental 155, avenue Du Maine | 14th Arr or Residence Foch, 10 rue Marbeau , 16th Arr. Both hotels just about suit our budget and have aircon ! Would love to hear about the location both are in - are there farmers markets Sat - Mon mornings nearby ? Are these in areas that we could sit at a cafe and people watch ? Are the nearby metro's good connections to Eiffel Tour, Champs Elysees, Louvre, Notre Dame ? Sorry for all the questions but so little time and so little money but want it to be perfect !

Thanks so much in advance x

ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advise for first timers !

Hi everyone, very sorry but here I am back already. Residence Foch is actually out as it is €200 instead of the €120 it was 2 hours ago ! The new contender is Hotel New Orient - 16 Rue de Constantinople , a hotel which is highly rated here on tripadvisor. Same questions as above apply, and also is there a good selection of places nearby to have breakfast ? Many many thanks again.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advise for first timers !

I don't know anything about Paris as I haven't been there - yet. But folks on here are so helpful!

One hotel I saw recommended again and again was the Hotel College de France.

Enjoy your trip!

Boston...
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advise for first timers !

The Avenue du Maine address is on the edge of Montparnasse, and the Rue de Constantinople address is on the edge of the St Lazare/Opera neighborhood. Both are perfectly good and safe. The St Lazare/Opera neighborhood is great for shopping and subway/bus access to all tourist sites; the Montparnasse neighborhood is more of a residential neighborhood and is great for getting a flavor of life in Paris. (You can certainly get to all the sites from Montparnasse -- it just might take a few extra metro stops.)

Either is fine, though St Lazare/Opera might be slightly preferable for a 1st-time visit.

Don Topaz

ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advise for first timers !

Thanks for you reply Don Topaz

5. Re: Hotel advise for first timers !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 05:21