We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

I am a 22 year old who will be visiting Paris. I was planning to visit about 4-5 museums. Considering there are a few reduced price for under 25 etc is it worth buying paris museum pass 2 days?

Also, my brother is traveling with me and he is 17. I know most are free for him but if I have a museum pass can he also skip the queue?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,633 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

Only you can work out if a Paris Museum Pass will be worthwhile for you. Add up the cost of the entrance fees for the places you want to visit, and compare that with the cost of the Pass.

If you have a Pass, your brother can go with you and skip the queue.

Dallas
Level Contributor
179 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

If you are going in the summer, it is totally worth it to be able to jump the queues. I have four different client families with multiple teenagers traveling to Europe this summer, and I am getting PMPs for all the adults. If you are going n the slower seasons, you can do the math to see if it's worth it. I'm taking a group of about 10 people in the fall, and I am getting PMPs for all of them so they can do whatever they want, museum-wise, with greater efficiency.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,118 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

Are you an EU citizen? If so then you do get reduced entry fees; if you are an American you don't. Your brother gets in free and has to be sure to carry a copy of his passport to prove his age and can walk in with you if you get a pass.

There are many ways to avoid long lines but for a short trip which will involve many of the museums and monuments on the pass, it is convenient to have the pass

Paris, France
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

Yes, it would be totally worth it. The museum pass would make it easier for you to go around. And you're going to love the museums. So I think you're going to have a great time in Paris.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

Visiting just 2 sites a day works the pass out financially. It also allows bypassing the ticket line-which at can be the real bonus at the Louvre, d'Orsay, and Versailles for example. You go todesignated security lines for ticket holders only

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

He can skip the queues (do bring ID as proof of age for him) and if you intend to visit the 4-5 museums in 2 days then it should cover the cost of the pass.

You might also like to go up the Arc de Triomphe (covered by the PMP) on one of the evenings, it doesn't take very long and the night views are beautiful.

7. Re: Paris museum pass.. Is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:16