We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain Rain Rain

Staffordshire,
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rain Rain Rain

Oh no....... we arrive at CDG tomorrow evening - sat 4 June and depart on Tues 7 June. We had planned on spending most of our time walking, exploring and doing bike tour..... but the weather forecast for sunday and monday,our two full days there is dire!! Thunder storms, rain and more rain....... Forecast is far better here in the uk!!

Despite checking several weather sites there seems little hope of good weather........ not so much a question as a statement. We are staying at Hotel gramont opera.

Oh well at least it is a few days away without kids! How easy is it to pick up the bus which leaves fromCDG to the back of our hotel and how often do they run? Thanks

Objectif France
Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Paris by bike Le Grand Huit
Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain Rain Rain

I hope it is true about the rain since it is so badly needed -- except between 13:30 and 15:00 tomorrow when I have to push my mother's wheelchair to the hairdresser and then back (longer trip than usual event because of the dye job).

(Just checked www.meteofrance.fr myself and apparently no problem -- sunny all day and the storms don't arrive until evening.)

Edited: 03 June 2011, 21:45
Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain Rain Rain

Yes we do need the rain here. I hope we get a real downpour but the forecasts are seldom accurate. It's a joy to get caught in a Parisian rain deluge. We look forward to getting caught in a serious downpour. Lightening and thunder would also be nice. The more, the better.

The incidents are usually short-lived and are over in an hour. Consider yourself lucky that you got to experience a real thunderstorm in Paris. They can be glorious and exciting.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain Rain Rain

It's going on three months now that the Paris region has had forecasts for rain, but had barely a drop. Just 2mm in the entire month of May -- that's just UNDER 0.1" for the imperial-measurement crowd.

And if it rains? Bonus -- you get to see Paris in her moody phase, when the city looks very different than when all is bright and shiny. Take an umbrella and/or a slicker and carry on.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,173 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain Rain Rain

Take a Parapluie!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain Rain Rain

Finally a downpour tonight! But we had to wait until midnight. I hope it rains all day Sunday.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
211 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain Rain Rain

Rain rain rain for the next 10+ days.

Boo!

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain Rain Rain

I love Paris in the rain. Apparently, so does Woody Allen.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,180 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain Rain Rain

yeah -- go watch Midnight in Paris and count your luck.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain Rain Rain

Paris in the rain has its own special magic.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain Rain Rain

Looking forward to taking lots of photos of Paris landmarks reflected in the puddles...:-)