We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Marina del Rey...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Hi all,

I've been checking various sites to rent a studio/1bedroom in Le Marais, or in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th arrondissements in Paris, can pay up to 750-800 Euro/week, need a trusted site that does not charge up front and that accept credit card payments as I will not pay by WU or Paypal (had a bad experience with Paypal when they refused to return the money I paid to someone even though it was a scam, so no more paypal), need internet access, safe place and clean linens & bed (LOL, I have to say this as I was hit with a place in Nice last year with horrible linen not even a homeless would accept!!)

How do I find a good one

Thanks

LT

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Try Parisbestlodge.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Here's what I would do. I'd call Vacation In Paris (note I said call, not email) and ask them what's available. It's really a last minute rental at this late date. I'd not waste time looking at specific apartments only to inquire and find them not available. I've used VIP many times. They're reputable and reliable.

http://www.vacationinparis.com/index.html

Marina del Rey...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Thanks, I tried but they sent me some pics of a beat up studio, when I asked them if the linen and bed are clean, they emailed me back right away that the place was taken within 15 second from my exchange with them, very weird, it seem to me that the owners of that place is adversing on this web site on his studios, but when you select the nice studios he put up on his web site, he comes back telling you that they are all gone and they have only one available in which it's very beat up, ugly and looks dirty even in pics, they think we are desperate, we are not, I can find something way better. They seem fishy to me.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Better keep looking. Good luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,322 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

if you owned an apartment in prime Paris territory in high season would you reserve it for two weeks with no up front payment?

In rental of 45 apartments worldwide over the last years, only on one occasion have we not had to pay at least 50% up front --

at this very late date, your best bet is to directly contact an agency with a good reputation and see what they have -- and it won't be much because good places get booked up earlier -- especially for two week stretches

Marina del Rey...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Yes I have no problem paying some upfront payment, BUT this can not be by wire transfer (WT) or WU, it has to be by credit card or some other reputable way, never trust someone who asks you to pay by WT or WU, personal check that is un-cashed unless you don't show up or you make some damages in the place is acceptable way to reserve the apt, anyway, I have already found one nice studio who required me to send them a personal check of 20% of those 2 weeks, final payment will be before I leave, sounds legitimate, I googled them and found that they are for real, I still need to call them tomorrow and make sure, I won't post who they are yet until I go there and test them first, I will then post my experience with them good or bad, for now I need to also reserve for one day in a hotel as aback up plan, just in case if I get there and find nothing, LOL

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Not sure which one you tried unsuccessfully out of www.vacationinparis.com or www.parisbestlodge.com - have not heard anybody else have this experience with either of them. Anyway, I suggest you try whichever of the two you have NOT yet tried, and you can add www.rentalfrance.com to your list.

At this sort of notice, as Happygoin says, you need to be as flexible as possible - call (or email, but calling will save time) the agencies and tell them your dates/number of people/any specific requirements like washing machine or if you can not climb more than x flights of stairs, etc......and see what they can come up with. I would not worry too much about location, Paris has excellent public transport and you are booking rather last-minute now.

You could also try www.centreparis.com but they are a budget price agency and I get the impression maybe not quite what you are looking for.

Marina del Rey...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Thank you, I was talking about these people here www.parisbestlodge.com

They sure have some good way of advertising about themselves under different names on this forums. I first believed some post here about them until I tried it out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

They're fishy too. Keep looking.

Chicago, USA
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need a Studio-one bedroom in Le Marias for 2 weeks this July

Thierry has multiple apartments and I see nothing questionable about one of his apartments being unavailable and having him offer you an alternate. Its good business sense. Perhaps the alternate apartment he offered you wasn’t your taste or up to your standards, but it doesn’t mean that it is dirty or not serviced well or that it is some sort of bait and switch scam as you seem to imply.

[quote]They sure have some good way of advertising about themselves under different names on this forums. I first believed some post here about them until I tried it out.[/quote]

As someone who has rented a Paris Best Lodge apartment and recommended PBL based on my good experience, I am somewhat taken aback by this assertion. And you “know” that Thierry is on TA writing good reviews for himself by simply having an email exchange with him? Thierry has good reviews from a variety of posters some of whom have hundreds of posts. But you think it is only Thierry? Since I gave a good review to Paris Best Lodge, does that mean you think I am Thierry? I think your prior bad experience in NIce is coloring your judgment and you are seeing conspiracies where none exist.

To not like an apartment is your right, but to get on a forum and make assertions of bait and switch and ascribing other posters’ positive reviews to him as advertising is not ok.