We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

Athens, Greece
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

As I will be arriving at CDG Paris and the TGV leaves from Orly. How easy is it to get from CGD to Orly?

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

The TGV does not leave from Orly. A few TGVs each day go directly from the TGV station at CDG to St Pierre des Corps. If your flight times do not match those TGV trains, then you would need to take the RER train into Paris and make your way to Gare Montparnasse, where there are more regular TGVs to St Pierre des Corps.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

Any TGV that lists Orly as a stop on the way to Tours should also call at GDC. At least - I am not aware of any that don't

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

There are no TGVs which go anywhere near ORY. If you want to travel to St Pierre des Corps, the departure options from Paris are CDG airport or Gare Montparnasse.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

I have to disagree, Massy TGV station is 15 min. from Orly, and all trains/TGVs from Roissy/CDG headed towards Orléans, Tours or Le Mans stop there.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

Massy is not Orly.

In any case, why would you travel from CDG to Massy by taxi or whatever, to catch a TGV that had already called at CDG.

TGVs from Montparnasse do not stop at Massy.

As both Sarastro and I have already said, the options are either CDG or Gare Montparnasse.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

>>>all trains/TGVs from Roissy/CDG headed towards Orléans, Tours or Le Mans stop there.<<<

But most trains headed from Paris to Tours etc. of which there are many more do not stop there.

FWIW there are no direct trains from CDG or Massy and no TGVs from Paris to Orléans. And there are ONLY TGVs from CDG to wherever, no "trains".

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

Well, SunloverFrance and IrishRovr seem to have made it a point to disagree with me. The OP asked, in a different thread, for the easiest way to get from Orly airport to a TGV for Tours and Saint-Pierre des Corps. I still think the best way to do this is by the TGV station in Massy, but of course you can also use Gare de Monparnasse.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

Iverh

Please read the question the OP asked in THIS thread:

"TGV to St.Pierre de Corps. As I will be arriving at CDG Paris and the TGV leaves from Orly. How easy is it to get from CGD to Orly?"

The OP will be arriving at CDG. In that case, you either take the TGV from CDG, or you go to Montparnasse. No way do you make your own way to Massy, which is the other side of Paris, to catch the same TGV you can catch at CDG.

Please stop confusing people and answer the question which has been asked.

Edited: 07 June 2011, 22:03
Tampa
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

We took an easy trip last week from Gare Montparnasse to St. Pierre des Corps on TGV and it was great. I live in Florida where our short-sighted governor just gave back money earmarked for a bullet train. We were able to relax, read a book and within 1 hour were picking up our rental car for our touring of the Loire!

10. Re: TGV to St.Pierre de Corps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 20:18