We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Paris with 1 year old

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in Paris with 1 year old

Hi there, I did do some searching on this forum before posting this, but I couldn't quite find the answer (not a recent one anyway).

I am spending a day in Paris on my way to England in November. We will be arriving at 7am and leaving at 9.30pm (CDG). It will just be me (I am 22) and my daughter who will be 1. I'm planning on leaving our bags at CDG for the day and just getting around with my little umbrella stroller and the nappy bag.

Basically what I was wondering is, is it safe? I am young and will be with my baby, and although this will be my second day trip to Paris, I do not want to be foolish. I am planning on going up the Eiffel tower, and taking a quick trip around some of the lourve. I would also like to perhaps do a bit of shopping, and I saw someone post about having a photographer for an hour? That sounds like a neat idea! I am unsure though as to how long I can realistically expect to have in the city...

Will I be able to get dinner in Paris - in other words, what time should I aim to leave to ensure I am back at CDG in plenty of time? I have never travelled alone before.

Thanks in advance!

Level Contributor
351 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1 day in Paris with 1 year old

What are you shopping for? Some fun souvenirs that are available in several neighborhoods...or that perfect dress for a special occasion? The latter might better be done at another time. If possible, research sources on the internet before you arrive. Can that stroll through Montmartre be combined with shopping? Since you're going to ET, the Champs de Mars has a couple of nice playgrounds with swings nearby. What's your plan for weather? Paris has a high probability of rain that time of year, so walking around with a stroller (with plastic covering) will mean that you can't carry an umbrella for yourself. I don't know that you have to worry about safety in most parts of central Paris, the streets will be quite busy with Parisians going about their daily lives. I really think this is the least of your issues.

To be honest, I have two older children (very easy travelers), but your list still strikes me as ambitious. That's a 2-3 day plan for my 10 and 15 year-olds. I always build in lots of down-time, ESPECIALLY if there's been a big time-zone change. If I do the calculation correctly, your child is now about 6-7 months old-- which is the easiest time to travel for the next few years. You will have a "different" child in 6 months. Some babies walk at 10 months, others at 15 months--it's all normal. Once that happens, all bets are off. The thing about children is that once you figure them out, they change it up and totally surprise you. It's tempting to make this trip all about what you want, but this is just the start of traveling with your child's needs and wants in the forefront. Map out your plan of action thoroughly and have a Plan B and a Plan C.

12. Re: 1 day in Paris with 1 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 18:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now