We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navigo decouverte

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Navigo decouverte

Going to Paris 29 June. Myself, an adult, and my children ages 16,12,and 9. Will be there until 1 August. Arriving Gare du Nord and leaving via Gare du Nord. What zones should I consider on the Navigo pass and what age uses a Navigo? I am thinking myself and my 16 yo will use the Navigo and the other 2 will use the books of 10 tickets. I plan to pay for separate tickets when we go to Versailles.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Gare du Nord
Gare du Nord
2,142 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Bari, Italy
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Navigo decouverte

zones 1-2 fit your needs (if you don't plan to exit paris)

for more about tickets in paris: …blogspot.com/2010/04/abbonamenti-ai-traspor…

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,835 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navigo decouverte

I believe the 2 older children will use regular Navigo passes. The youngest can use children's tickets.

Most likely the best deal will be to buy regular zone 1 and 2 passes and just get the extra tickets for day trips further afield like Versailles, Fontainebleau etc....

Mentioned in this post
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Fontainebleau
Fontainebleau
Seine-et-Marne, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navigo decouverte

Have a look at the official website: ratp.fr

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Navigo decouverte

any child 10 or over is an adult on the metro in Paris (the Visite does have a child's pass that goes to 11 but your 12 is too old for that too)

Thus you have 4 adults and a child; so 4 NDs and a carnet of half price metro tickets for the 9 year old.

for a month visit, I'd probably just get everyone an ND for the convenience zones 1-2 and get individual tickets for trips out of town.

Edited: 15 June 2011, 00:06
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Navigo decouverte

I second Janet's recommendation to get the ND for your youngest as well. Even if it costs a few Euros more the simplicity of all of you having passes rather than having to worry about one child with single tickets will be worth it.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Navigo decouverte

Agree with ND for everyone. It's a bargain and they're so much more convenient to use. Even though you might save a bit with carnets for the youngest, the aggravation will just not be worth the savings.

If you're going on the 29th, do you arrive on the 30th? You could just stick to the neighborhood day of arrival and purchase your passes for use beginning on the 1st.

7. Re: Navigo decouverte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 02:17