We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

Croatia
Level Contributor
390 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

I'm a woman and not at all into cars, so please excuse my ignorance...

What's so special about those car showrooms on Champs Elysees, why would I want to see them? What makes them different than any other Renault, Citroen etc. car dealer shop?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

I have no idea. However, they are not at all like car dealer shops.

Boston...
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

Cachet cannot be explained.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,284 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

Peugot had tapestry lined dining room chairs in a car, Toyota had a revolving holgraphic car you could customize. Renault had cars of the future not to be seen om the road anytome soon. But if you're not into cars or design, it just may not be the place for you...

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

Even if you are not at all into cars, there is a car show which might be worth to visit. It is on till the end of August. More info:

lesartsdecoratifs.fr/english-439/…lauren

and

http://ralphlaurencarcollection.co.uk/

Croatia
Level Contributor
390 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

I'm looking into things that might be interesting for my teenage son, that's why. Car showrooms were mentioned in a post about teenage boys so I became interested, but in another post about shopping on Champs Elysees this link was attached

…renault.com/atelierrenault/en/Exposition/ho…

and when I opened it, the place looked just like any other car dealer salon with Christmas decoration to me. That's why I asked this question.

Edited: 24 June 2011, 14:36
Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

do these car showrooms sell items suitable for a 14 year old boy as a souvenir such as keychains, shirts, he's staying home with dad while me and daughter visit

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

When we were in Paris a few years ago it started to rain and we looked for shelter as we walked along the Champs Elysees.

We nipped into the nearest open door and to our amazement there was a Renault F1 car on display.

Petrolheads were drooling over the car and the more it rained outside the bigger the crush inside.

Lovely looking car - but not much use for the School-run or nipping to Tesco!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,368 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

IIRC there is also a Ferrari dealership on the Champs and it has a section which sells shirts and keychains, etc. Probably all of the others do, too.

The thing that attracts people is that sometimes they will put one or two classic versions of their marque or a racing car or a prototype of a futuristic car. It's always interesting to look at these types of cars even if you're not interested in a street-version.

Pjk

Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

The mercedes dealer have a nice gift shop, and also presents some cars (I saw a SLS last time I came there). The citroen dealers presents the sebastien loeb C4 and some prototypes. It's a little better than a classical car dealer, but it's not a place to visit first.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,284 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car showrooms on Champs Elysees

They all have gift items, although I'd have to say that Peugeot's is the most extensive and they also make the most sense, being French and all. Citroen has some pretty cool model cars, as well.