We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

North Carolina
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

I will be arriving Wed. early morning. Could anyone direct me to an ATM preferably for Paribus bank which will not charge me extra fees? I will be coming in to an international terminal (possibly

Terminal 3). Thank you so much -- I am very late in posting this!!

Sally

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$330.30*
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

Entirely too late to help you, as you're in the air as I post this --- but for others...

No BNP Paribas ATMs at CDG airport -- that concession is currently held by HSBC.

Just write the $5 transaction fee off to the cost of traveling, as it will be significantly less than the fees, commissions, and lousy exchange rates you'll get from the bureaux de change.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

I have always just "found" an ATM at the airport. I agree that the "fee" is just a cost of travel. You are tired, disoriented etc... It's not worth wandering around a long time looking for the 'Right' bank!

Of course I changed to a bank that doesn't charge these stupid fees which helps :)

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

No Paribus, only HSBC. Terminal 3 is so small that you'll have no problem finding the ATM.

Wichita Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
202 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

Won't help the OP, but for anyone else wondering, my sister had an issue with her ATM (issued by her credit union, through Master Card) at CDG. Worked everywhere else in France, but not at CDG (my card, from Chase, linked through Visa, worked). Don't know if it is a fluke, or some kind of exclusive arrangment, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

I would sooner believe, Tom, that her bank initially blocked the withdrawal as a suspected fraud transaction. That's the case in the overwhelming majority of blocked/denied card transactions of all kinds.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

Or, the bank just happened to be offline for their overnight processing when the transaction was requested.

We know ours sometimes does not work around 9AM, but will work fine (in the same ATM) a few minutes later.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,033 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

Note that French banks do not charge for ATM withdrawals. No matter which French bank you use, the fees all come from your own bank.

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

We opened a Charles Schwab "Schwab One" checking account (tied to a brokerage account that we never use). We only put money into this checking account to use the debit card when we travel out of the US. Schwab, in addition to not charging ATM fees, reimburses any foreign ATM fees.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,850 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

I'm arriving Monday morning on United from Washington DC. Is Terminal 3 where most international flights arrive? Flying codeshare Lufthansa back home. Again Terminal 3?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATM location at Charles De Gaulle airport

No, overall Terminal 3 handles the least number of passengers. Most passengers arrive at Terminal 2, you will be arriving at Terminal 1.