We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

Oslo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

Any advice?

Are we crazy?

Will we spend hours and hours out of Paris?

And what route should we take?

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

Yes, you are crazy! Anyone planning to drive that far with apparently no idea on the day before the journey what route to take or how long it will take is, well, misguided.

The shortest route according to Google maps is 913 km and would take at least 11 hours of actual driving, not counting breaks and traffic delays. Traffic is likely to be "difficult" in the Paris region, according to Bison Futé at http://www.bison-fute.equipement.gouv.fr/

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

What time of day will you start driving?

Oslo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

Sorry!

We will stay the night in Pommard, not going to Nice in one day.

What route should we take?

We arrive at CDG 1020, and will pick up a rental car, and head out staight away!

Edited: 13 July 2011, 12:54
Paris
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

What route? Don't you have a map?!! Otherwise, visit www.viamichelin.fr, and they'll give you all the alternatives.

Oslo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

Well that is my question. What route should I take from CDG towards the south...

Oslo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

I'm a bit baffled here... I ask for a route out of Paris tomorrow, and all I get is a lot of rude answers back! Why even bother answering if you don't want to help with my question?

Yes I do have a map, yes we do have plans, but I would seriously like some advice on how to get out from CDG and Paris in the most efficent and best possible way tomorrow.

I thought this was the forum to ask questions like that!

So please, anybody got some good advice, beside getting a map....? :)

Washington state
Level Contributor
685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

"Yes I do have a map, yes we do have plans, but I would seriously like some advice on how to get out from CDG and Paris in the most efficent and best possible way tomorrow.

I thought this was the forum to ask questions like that!

So please, anybody got some good advice, beside getting a map....? :)"

The forum is for information, discussion, banter, etc, it's for how each person choses to use it. Not that the replies have been kind, but you are certainly getting a definitive answer to one of your questions, which was "are we crazy," Such vehement responses should tell you that without some of your own basic planning first (eg, google.com, michelin.com or other) your travel plans could really be a disaster.

Do a little more on your own, then come back with requests for best choices among options you've found

Edited: 13 July 2011, 19:13
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

From CDG head for A104, N104, A6 then you are on your way south. This will avoid Paris peripherique. I do not know where Pommard is but A6 is the main route south. It is often extremely busy from Macon to Lyon. You can do the journey in 8 or so hours non stop with high speed and no jams.

Oslo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

Thank you very much for the information! Just what I was looking for! :)

Oslo
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Driving from CDG to Nice on Bastille Day - tomorrow!!

I use Tripadvisor a lot, and I mean A LOT! I don't even book a hotel without consulting this website. So when I ask a question in the forum I do wish people here want to help and not just "comment".

I could have frased my first question differently, I see that!

I was just wondering if it would be crazy driving out of Paris tomorrow on Bastille Day, and what route I should take..... At least one was kind enough to answer my question. But to be cut of and put down the way I was by some of the others, is just plain RUDE.

With that I wish you all a happy summer, and I look forward to Pommard tomorrow. ( A small village just outside Beaune, with excellent wine!)